Service Engineer (SSS) - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
If you are passionate about being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for sophisticated instruments that advance science and improve lives then read on…
The BD Life Sciences, Diagnostics Systems sector is seeking a service engineer for System Support Specialist (SSS) to join our team of talented and diverse individuals. The qualified individual will become part of the Global Technical Services Organization located in Sparks, MD and will support the Women’s Health and Cancer (WHC) platform.
The SSS serves as the technical SME for assigned Medical Diagnostic instruments, and will be accountable for service readiness and product life cycle management of these products to meet all functional and business objectives. He/she will be responsible for assisting with escalation of complex instrument repairs, monitoring product health metrics and being the voice of service during product development. He/she will also be part of the broader cross-functional teams within the organization and provides leadership to the extended field service team located around the world with a focus on enhancing the customer experience.
The general nature and level of work being performed by the associates assigned to this job is listed below and is not intended to be an exhaustive list
- Serves as the technical SME and develops tools and documentation necessary to assist during product installation, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Works independently or under guidance to identify and manage the key deliverables for Service. Preferably lead the projects representing Service function.
- Shows leadership in coordinating activities among cross functional team members to support completion of assigned projects.
- Acts as a liaison between Service and other functions to determine root cause during product performance issues and provides feedback for product improvements.
- Tracks Service related product health metrics for instruments that are placed globally and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Prepares formal written reports, documents and presentations to communicate with a wide-range of audiences, including senior leadership, external stakeholders and field service team members.
- Participates and drives the development of tools which aid in field repairs and meet worldwide needs. Manages and prioritizes tasks to flex to the demand to meet deliverables on assigned projects.
- Utilizes expertise to provide content for training group to create, develop and maintain training programs on supported products and drives regional self-sufficiency.
- Represents Global Technical Services on product development teams and drives to improve reliability, reduce service costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Identifies, proposes and implements improvement opportunities whether departmental or product related.
- Maintains and enhances the departmental standards of performance and promotes a safe working environment throughout the organization.
- Illustrates ability to simplify complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Systems Engineering or related education.
- Self-motivated and action oriented team player with good communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to navigate in matrix organization and work with global team members.
- Execute on plans to align with business goals and meet customer demands.
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills of varying complexity.
- Can accommodate occasional evening/weekend work as needed and is able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- 3+ years of work experience in related fields such as Technical field service, Manufacturing or R&D Engineering.
- Familiar with various standards for Medical Devices such as FDA, HL7, ISO, UL.
- Prior experience in field service organization specifically dealing with Medical instrumentation.
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce platforms for data mining & analytics.
- Experience with basics in networking or an interest to learn.
- Experience with basic commands in Unix and Linux or an interest to learn.
- Experience with high precision optical and imaging systems.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status