Service Desk Support Analyst - United States
We are looking for a temp to hire Service Desk Support Analyst.
Job Summary: The Service Desk Support Analyst will act as the central point of contact for handling business partners’ technical support issues. The Support Analyst will be responsible for responding to issues by gathering all necessary information and providing resolution during the initial contact or forward the issue to the correct support team for resolution. The primary focus is phone support and resolution of incidents and service requests submitted via Self Service, as well as solution documentation. The Support Analyst will perform occasional desk side support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring that support services are delivered to meet business partner needs and expectations.
- Adhere to and promote Service Desk policies and procedures.
- Work with business partners to collect information pertaining to requests/incidents. Log call tickets accurately and completely using the ticketing system.
- Resolve tickets as capable and where resolution is not possible assign ticket to the appropriate team.
- Perform ticketing system queue management.
- Perform desktop and laptop system setup for on-boards and refreshes.
- Perform data transfer and inventory management tasks for off-boards.
- Perform moves, adds and changes.
- Maintain accurate asset records.
- Notify users as requested by the resolving area and close call tickets when resolution is confirmed with IT support team.
- Provides support for meetings (audio/video).
- Maintain knowledge of Support procedures, business area processes, desktop applications and tools through established knowledge management tools.
- Able to remain cool and controlled in a crisis and when under pressure, especially when dealing with frustrated business partners.
- Able to use own initiative to improve the quality of the service provided and the working environment for the team.
- Able to assess and document the information given accurately and completely, interpreting user /IT terminology as required.
- Provides common structured communication to business partners, management and other IT team members as related to incident management.
- Work with project teams to ensure the smooth transition and rollout of new services and products to our business partners.
- Perform asset management tasks to ensure accurate inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Good written, organization and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible approach to an ever-changing environment.
- Professional and courteous approach.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including a good telephone manner.
- The ability to prioritize large volumes of work while maintaining a high quality of service and working to strict deadlines.
- The ability to use troubleshooting skills to resolve inquiries professionally and accurately.
- Working experience with Windows OS, Apple OS, Active Directory, MS Office Suite, ticketing systems, call center, mobile devices and anti-virus/spyware.
- Working experience with desktop, laptop and thin client hardware.
- Working experience with peripherals such as printers and desk phones.
- Familiar with ITIL processes and framework.ITIL v3 or 2011 certification a plus.
- Help Desk and/or Desktop Support technical certification a plus.
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.