Service Delivery Lead, R&D and CMO - United States
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, âquest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Corporate Strategic Sourcing Manager will focus on contributing to the development of sourcing strategies and be accountable for implementing those strategies for assigned global spend categories (Research and Early Development (R&ED) and Chief Medical Office (CMO)) which address the needs and interests of the aligned functions and franchises.
Supplier selection leadership: Facilitate cross-functional teams. Manage R&ED and CMO spend categories and influence the category / vendor selection strategy and approach, factoring in priorities, timelines, and business requirements. Consider and recommend appropriate options (benchmarking, RFI/RFP, utilization of existing partners, etc.). Review and provide cost / quality comparisons for different options for meeting identified interests, and drive the project team decision-making process.
Contract preparation and negotiations: Negotiate optimized commercial terms for key supplier agreements. Coordinate with all relevant business partners/stakeholders to ensure that Celgene interests are safeguarded and that specific business requirements are reflected in the final contract. Negotiate contract terms in liaison with legal department. Inventory, manage, and update agreements over the lifecycle of the relationship, as necessary.
Supplier Performance: Monitor, measure, and report on contract obligations and supplier performance and provide issue escalation support.
Vendor relationship management: Manage Integrated Partners and/or other key vendor relationships. Organize and facilitate supplier business review meetings. Monitor overall spend, potential use cases, and incremental / expanded opportunities. Identify, raise visibility, and implement value-generating opportunities. Capture and report on identified and captured economic benefits, process efficiencies, etc.
Communication: Communicate and demonstrate the mission, vision, objectives of Corporate Strategic Sourcing to key stakeholders and key supplier community.
Process Development: Support development and updating of department processes, tools, templates, and communication efforts. Participate in corporate franchise operations projects, corporate initiatives, and other enabling projects. Support departmental audits and remediation efforts.
Business intelligence: Monitor assigned spend category environment to keep current on providers and industry trends. Look for best practices and continuous improvement opportunities. Coordinate with Sourcing Insights team to obtain necessary information to drive category/ supplier level insights and identify opportunities.
During all stages of activities, interact with internal customers, legal and finance departments and other functions as appropriate.
- Specific R&ED and CMO category knowledge and expertise (e.g. laboratory equipment, reagents, and services; drug safety; medical / regulatory affairs; clinical research processes and systems).
- Experience in sourcing strategies and techniques specific to R&D and CMO spend categories (e.g. product distribution channels and inventory management, pricing models, technical considerations, industry landscape, etc.)
- Good understanding of project management principles as well as sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions, benchmarking and market analysis.
- Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Appropriate level of subject matter expertise regarding groups, functions, franchises directly supported.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong emphasis in negotiating.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment and interact with a wide variety of customers. Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organization.
- Active driver, delivery-oriented.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages are advantageous.
- Computer skills (MS Office â Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and leverage internal customer relationships
- Experience with establishing end-to-end processes, collaborative negotiation, agreement management, scenario analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis and management, technology utilization, strategic planning, and integrated sourcing strategies
- Broad experience participating on cross-functional and/or global teams in a complex multi dimensional matrix organization
- Ability to think strategically about the business
- Establish plans that anticipate and account for future market trends
- Achieves results: Action Oriented, Tenacity, Process Management, Planning & Organizing, Goal Setting, Resource Allocation, Decision Making
- Demonstrates Character: Authenticity, Inspires Others, Leadership Disposition, Conflict Management, Coaching Others
- Leads change: Customer Focus, Strategic Perspective, Navigating Politics, Creativity, Innovation Management
- Presentation Skills, Personal Development, Performance Management, Communication, Developing Others, Leading Others, Talent Selection, Building Self-Insight
- Inspires & Motivates: Building Relationships, Influencing, Leading Vision & Values
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.