Service and Support Lead - Japan
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Service and Support lead in our Japan office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across over 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Location:Tokyo or Osaka
Number to Recruit: 1 employee
Employment Status: Regular employee
Job Level:Senior Specialist to Manager without direct reports
- Scope of the position: Asia
- Takes responsibility for the coherence of the Service & Support Services across the functional group, capturing issues and escalations, acts as a SPOC for the respective functional group in the region, coordinates the team across the regions where needed.
- Participates in the development towards a regional strategic direction and implementation for related services.
- Executes the strategic direction and takes responsibility for the full range of the function based on the global IT infrastructure strategy, including organizational frameworks for service standards, user issues and operational agreements. Defines service levels, standards and the monitoring process for the provider related topics.
- Delivers effective and efficient service & support regionally.
- Collaborates with the counterparts from other functions and across regions.
- Ensures that service delivery in the function is monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained.
- Performs impact analysis of changes to functional specifics globally
- Determines objectives and assignments for the serve aligned with long-term plans.
- Promotes the continuing economic and effective provisioning of services globally for the function.
- Directs the functional teams within the service delivery area of responsibility. Directs and coaches team members.
- Partners with IT and business area leaders across multiple functions to identify and plan functional service related regional or local programs and projects. Assures appropriate prioritization and alignment with the Service Delivery strategy and direction of the organization.
- Performs budget planning and management for the functional services regionally and contributes to the regional parts of the budgets.
- Delivers solutions in accordance with Takeda system development life-cycle, policies, and ITIL guidelines.
- Ensures services are delivered in accordance with all applicable compliance requirements, e.g. J-SOX, GxP.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and support trends for the function group and implement best practices and continuous improvements.
- Drives the efforts towards a global common Service & Support structure in adherence to the global architectural design for End User Services
- Responsible for planning, managing, monitoring and continuous improvement of the activities within the area of responsibility
- Designs and implement key performance metrics in order to improve functional efficiency
- Deploys new service or changes in accordance with operations acceptance criteria
- Responsible for operation of infrastructure components, provide 3rd level support
- Solves or escalates incidents and operating level breaches and prepare operating level reports
- Defines infrastructure service requirements and operations acceptance criteria for service development projects and external providers
- Leverages expert understanding of services provided to deliver high quality business solutions
- Provides business and/or technology consulting support to customers and solution delivery partners
- Mentors and provides guidance to Administrators and other Engineers
- Leverages deep understanding of business and/or technology to proactively identify and prioritize solutions that drive business value
- Manages and resolve complex issues and escalate them appropriately
- Assures projects and/or activities follow all company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Develops and manages relationships with key customers and vendors
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- High school degree of equivalent
- 7+ years of IT work experience, which includes project management experience, and functional team management experience.
- Project management experience, including management of full lifecycle implementations for major application implementation.
- Application management/operations experience.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Data Management – ability to utilize data collection, analysis, maintenance application and refinement methods to make fact based decisions.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions.
- Management – ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes and manage staff.
- People Development – ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvement to the line managers.
- Independently drive solutions and focus on results
- Build and run infrastructure components and services in a complex IS/IT landscape
- Experience in defining service levels
- Strong experience in conducting change impact analysis
- Experience in managing operational readiness requirements
- Strong experience in service management processes with globally delivered IT services by sourcing providers
- Experience in managing global suppliers and vendors
- Experience in leading improvement activities, including planning, prioritizing and administrating work
- Work in international environment
- Bachelors or a higher University Degree.
- In-depth pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience.
- Experience with multi-national services
- ITIL Foundations
- Project Management
- IS/IT systems and technologies
- IT infrastructure services
- Project Management
- Operational vendor management
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
諸手当 ： 通勤交通費、借家補助費、時間外手当など
昇給・賞与： 昇給 原則年1回、 賞与 年2回
勤務時間 ： 本社（大阪・東京）9：00～17：30／工場（大阪・山口）8：00～16：45 ／研究所（神奈川）9：00～17：45
休日 ： 土曜、日曜、祝日、メーデー、年末年始など（年間123日程度）
休暇 ： 年次有給休暇、特別有給休暇、リフレッシュ休暇、産前産後休暇、育児休暇、子の看護休暇、介護休暇、フィランソロピー休職制度
【Employee Benefits in Japan】
Allowances : Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Working Hours: Headquaters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays : Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves : Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave
Empowering Our People to Shine