Senior Trainer, Specialty Business Unit - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Trainer, Specialty Business Unit in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Trainer, Specialty Business Unit working in the Specialty Training, Development and Operations Department, you will be empowered to design, develop and deliver training curriculum and courses for the Takeda Pharmaceutical Specialty Field Team, and a typical day will include:
- The Sr. Specialty Sales Trainer and department supports field sales, account managers, reimbursement specialists, as well as home office stakeholders in developing learning objectives that provide best in class training to align with key business objectives.
- The team is also responsible for all business unit communications as well as leading the development and execution of all field sales meetings.
- The Specialty Trainer conducts training for new and existing sales representatives and account managers focused on five core competencies: selling skills, marketplace knowledge, clinical knowledge, account management, and application of the business tools to drive sales success.
- The Specialty Trainer may also be responsible for developing and delivering training for the Field Reimbursement Specialist Team through coordination and collaboration with the subject matter experts.
- Collaborates with Training Department, Brand and Sales Leadership to ensure optimal pull-through of all training programs to include: Initial Sales Training, Brand initiatives and Continuing Education.
- Leverages previous experience and current product and marketplace expertise to facilitate training on clinical knowledge, selling skills, specialty market distribution and reimbursement.
- Provides instruction to Specialty District Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers on how to execute and facilitate on-demand training initiatives.
- Develops and prepares trainee evaluations and communicates observations directly to trainee and communicates with training and field management team as appropriate.
Develops and/or Refines Training Curriculum to Meet Business Needs
- Regularly conducts needs analysis, e.g. course evaluations, meetings with field and brand leadership, to understand skill gaps; thereby, allowing trainer to make relevant training recommendations and adjustments.
- Ensures appropriate implementation and pull-through of the Challenger™ Sales Approach.
- Work directly with Brand Team to provide input into design/development, production, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all product branding/tactical training activities relating to new hire & current specialty sales representatives.
- Develop and lead the development of clinical, medical, regulatory and legal workshops and training exercises/projects for the transfer of in-depth therapeutic disease state/pathophysiology, product knowledge, and competitive knowledge, interfacing with instructional designer on learning objectives and content to help guide workshop and material development.
- Reinforce use of and provide feedback on promotional pieces; create product training modules, primers, clinical updates, tactical memos; includes leadership meeting/launch workshops, group exercises for field-based strategy teams or field-based tactical teams.
- Apply adult learning concepts to lead and participate in development of ongoing training resources (ILT, VILT, Online Self Directed etc.).
- Develop and models presentations for use by field during training events, e.g., teach, tailor, take control, construction tension and objection handling.
Responsible to stay Current with Clinical and Marketplace Knowledge
- Maintains a high level of market intelligence, including new product training methods and competitive intelligence, training programs and best practices.
- Respond to changes in brand labeling, competitors and marketplace to provide continued reinforcement of product training.
- Participates in marketing meetings, self-study, and field travel with the Specialty Field Team to increase and maintain product knowledge along with market place awareness across all product areas.
- Complies with all Takeda Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree accompanied by five (5) plus years of pharmaceutical/ sales experience in biologic or specialty experience and sales success with a minimum year successful training experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum one year account management or like experience (hospital, infusion center, or managed care accounts) in the pharmaceutical marketplace of Specialty distribution and reimbursement expertise (buy/bill, specialty pharmacy, site of care).
- Experience in Gastroenterology or Immunology Marketplace preferred.
- Experience leading a project through the medical, regulatory and legal process.
- Experience working with external vendors and training agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects to a successful outcome with ability to master a clinical sale, including selling skills and capabilities.
- Experience utilizing and/or training to the Challenger™ Sales Approach.
- Valid driver’s license required
- This role is located in the Deerfield, IL Home Office.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 25% travel.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.