Senior Test Engineer (Vermont) - United States
Senior Test Engineer
Location: Shelburne, Vermont
Reports To: Project Manager
Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Role Summary / Purpose:
We are looking for an experienced Test Engineer to join our growing team of professionals at the Northern Digital Incorporated (NDI) office located in Shelburne, Vermont.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a cross-functional R&D team, providing test expertise and support to ensure successful delivery of R&D projects in the medical application and commercial augmented/virtual reality space. They will have responsibility for the planning and execution of design verification activities, including verifying the performance of prototype configurations and released products, and will identify and drive technical issues to resolution.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the NDI R&D and customer teams, to scope, develop and maintain design verification test plans throughout the product development life cycle, from requirements development through project closeout.
- Direct, coordinate, and personally execute test plans to verify the performance of sub-components and systems, including firmware, hardware and application software.
- Record test results in accordance with the verification and traceability requirements of NDI product development processes, including the generation of internal and external final reports.
- Manage product defects and technical issues by driving them to resolution with the appropriate R&D technical function.
- Develop tools (software and hardware) to support design verification activities.
- Collaborate with R&D team and NDI management to improve upon existing design verification processes to better support rapid, agile, development projects.
- Ensure consistent design verification test development and execution methodologies are used across projects.
- Support product validation activities, including support of test efforts at customer facilities.
- Research new technologies implemented in NDI products to ensure complete design verification test plan coverage.
- Participate in product design reviews throughout the product development life cycle.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- This role has accountability for ensuring projects are executed in accordance with the verification and traceability requirements incorporated in ISO 9001 and outlined in NDI product development processes.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
- 3+ years of recent experience in product development and test.
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities in the following items:
- Test plan and procedure development based on product requirements and specifications.
- Hands-on coordination of the design, fabrication, and integration of test fixtures and equipment.
- Product design verification and validation at a system level.
- Recording of design verification test results to ensure traceability.
- Management of product defects and technical issues to an appropriate resolution.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Characteristics / Additional Assets:
- Experience in electronics and software development.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with medical device standards for quality systems and product development.
- Experience with consumer electronics industry/applications.
- Experience designing and implementing test systems for high speed data acquisition systems.