Senior Technician Operations Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
1. Perform advanced level laboratory procedures, provide technical assistance to others.
2. Know all phases of larger scale(2000L) bacterial fermentation and downstream production and support manager in meeting goals and objectives.
3. Technician knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and leadership skills.
4. Responsible for all activities related to the preparation, inoculation, maintenance, harvest, formulation, calculations, inactivation, and downstream processing/purification of bacterial antigens.
5. Assist manager in writing SOP's and manufacturing directions.
6. Ensure facilities and equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
7. Train employees on new procedures and equipment.
8. Review completed production records and enter technical data into computer system
9. Assist in resolution of process problems by participating in NOE investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative actions.
10. Understand and execute the principles of lean manufacturing and lean labs.
The Tech position reports to the Operations Manager and directly supports the activities of the Lead Tech in the preparation (cleaning and sterilization) and operation of small and large scale bioreactors (5 liters up to 2,000 liters) for the growth and processing of mammalian cell and bacterial cultures for animal vaccine production. Duties will also include labware preparation and operation of autoclaves and automatic clean-in-place (CIP) equipment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors degree in microbiology or related biological science
Required Experience and Skills:
- Aseptic technique
- At least one year of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in large scale fermentation and downstream processing.
- Ability to perform high level math calculations.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the use of word processing and spread sheet programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills in directing the activities of other technicians.
- Able to understand special projects or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Job Title:Sr. Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Microbiology, Operations Manager, Technician, Maintenance, Science, Operations, Technology, Manufacturing