Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization who enable health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors
The Senior Systems Design Engineer will architect, design, specify and validate systems and subsystems; develop algorithms; and contribute to overall system architecture and design.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Define and document the subsystem level requirements and architecture.
- Process tradeoff requested features against architectural decisions.
- Provide technical direction to a cross-functional product development team in sub system design and troubleshooting.
- Perform analysis and simulation using modeling tools such as MATLAB, LabVIEW.
- Critically analyze and verify system performance through simulation, test, and measurements.
- Lead subsystem and system integration.
- Perform system level performance verification.
- Guide and review hardware and software specifications and designs
- Specify and develop improvements or enhancements to existing products.
- Plan and conduct in-depth reviews, testing and verification of product features
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Five (5) years of industry experience in system engineering. Education can be considered in place of industry experience, such as Master’s degree in related subject is equivalent to two (2) years of industry experience. PhD in related subject is equivalent to five (5) years of industry experience.
- Knowledge in modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB or LabVIEW.
- Experience in defining system requirements specifications and development and integration of complex products.
- Broad understanding of optical systems, opto-electronics, opto-mechanical and software driven hardware.
- Understanding of first order optical layouts and familiarity with basic optics calculations (geometrical as well as Gaussian optics).
- Experience in performing troubleshooting on complex instrumentation, including optical, electrical, mechanical, and software components.
- PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering or Physics.
- Experience in medical device development.
- Experience in ophthalmic instruments.
- Experience in imaging or non-imaging optics.
- Experience in image processing.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled employer