Senior Supply Planner External Supply - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Senior Supply Planner EUAFME has overall responsibility for all SKU's related to a portfolio of external (non)-tolling suppliers within the region.
- The Senior Supply Planner orchestrates the overall supply chain for his products end-to-end all the way to the end customers.
- He/she identifies and addresses long-term, medium-term and short-term supply chain risks and is a change agent for supply chain improvements along the supply chains and underlying value streams for his/her products.
- He/she ensures visibility of upcoming supply and owns the communication to the cluster demand managers.
- The Senior Supply Planner is also accountable for the management of the Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Master Production Planning and the Constrained Supply Planning with the support of BT systems.
- He/she supports the IBP process. He/she summarizes actions, for his site, and follows through on key supply/capacity decisions.
- He/she will actively participate in any change activities such as new product introductions, site tranfers, packaging changes, format harmonization, etc to optimize supply and minimize business impact from a supply perspective.
- He/she facilitates the respective discussions to resolve problems with manufacturing site and Demand Planners.
- Establish and maintain long-term capacity and volume plans and drive the resolution of identified gaps
- Identify opportunities in supply planning, product formats, inventory management, campaigning strategy, to improve SCL performance in key areas such as reliability, lead times, responsiveness, cost, on-time delivery, inventory levels
- Monitor site/supply performance against KPIs. Identify and understand trends in performance & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide the data to support the Global Supply reviews and follow up on actions
- Collaborate with site to understand root causes of supply issues,define and follow through corrective actions plans
- Tactical order placement in frozen horizon
- Analyze demand evolutions and its capacity impacts on a mid-term horizon (M+3 to M+23). Understand and influence capacity/bottlenecks at vendor versus demand pattern
- Simulate different scenarios on the production bottlenecks taking into account business priorities
- Provide a monthly Master Production Plan (MPS)
- Challenge production constraints to optimize the plans
- Validate the allocation of quantities into the regions; translate business priorities in case of production problems or shortages. Measure adherence versus allocations.
- Analyze the « feasibility of changing demands » expressed inside the frozen period
- Advise on and maintain key planning parameters to optimize the supply chain performance
- Champion standard ways of perfoming the planning, SCA evaluation, …
- Develop baseline volumes for assigned products in support of annual site budget process and advice on volume sensitivities.
- Manage communications with the Demand Planners to ensure seamless and efficient flow of information between sites and markets.
- Collaborate with site procurement & API Planning team to ensure alignment on long range API demand, site API inventory levels and short/medium API availability to support MP
- Performance Indicators (detailed KPI's under development)
- Accountable for maintaining inventory levels within pre-defined limits.
- Accountable for Service Level -e.g Fill Rate, stock-out duration, ….
- Evaluate Slow moving items and actions on those.
- Report to: Supply planning manager external supply
- Interacts with: CMO's, Regional/market Demand leaders, Regional Customer Service Leaders, Category managers, NPI, …
- At least 3 years experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in working in an international organization with a fast evolving environment.
- Bachelor required
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Planning and other aspects of SC incl. RCCP, Master Scheduling, Forecasting, Demand Planning and S&OP.
- Experience with ERP systems, prior experience with APO SNP is preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable, resourceful with a relentless customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, ability to collaborate cross functionally
Travel is required to meet the needs (estimated 10%.)
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.