Senior Supervisor - In Vivo - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Supervisor for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
This position focuses on the supervision and professional growth of technical staff. Coordinating animal ordering, study related activities and employee work schedules to meet department needs. Other duties include providing assistance to the management of the physical plant including facility equipment and the development and improvement of programs to support company and department initiatives.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Specialist I position.
- Coordinate staff and study schedules
- Ability to supervise staff to ensure adherence to study protocols and animal care program guidelines
- Assist with SOP and process/procedure review, development, and improvement
- Assist with audit and inspection report resolution
- Identify and address training and developmental needs of staff
- This position may require overtime, weekend, holiday and after-hour coverage
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with direct reports, coworkers, management, intercompany staff, study directors, and clients (as needed)
- Identify, troubleshoot and report any difficulties encountered with study and facility activities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet