This job is currently Archived,
Senior Supervisor, Embryology - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Provides general supervision of personnel and operations to ensure achievement of departmental goals and levels.
- Independently handles routine and moderately complex personnel-related issues; assists in the handling of highly complex personnel-related issues and in departmental planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of activities of the department through hands-on technical support, delegation of responsibility and/or authority to departmental subordinates.
- Provide direct daily supervision and training of assigned departmental employees and assist management with related personnel tasks, including interviewing, hiring and disciplining of employees, evaluating employee performance, developing goals and objectives for assigned employees, determining work and vacation schedules. Review and approve time cards and overtime. Review training records.
- Serve as a model to departmental subordinates as it relates to effective time management, communication and utilization of resources. Provide leadership and motivation to departmental personnel.
- Monitor work of assigned employees to ensure adherence to proper breed and production SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols.
- Oversee production, shipping, packing and surgery activities of assigned group(s), including SOPs and OORs. May oversee grain room personnel and activities, as applicable.
- Ensure proper record-keeping and report preparation. Generate internal and external reports.
- Report to management on operations-related issues.
- Review safety issues and Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Actively interact with and provide technical assistance to customers as required to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Review customer complaints and participate in the development and implementation of any resulting procedural changes.
- Create and maintain complaint chart.
- Audit production rooms.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure proper recycling and setup of cages in assigned area(s).
- Review and ensure appropriate inventory levels of departmental supplies.
- May work on multi-site production projects.
- Provide training and mentoring to less-experienced supervisory personnel.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences or related discipline.
- Experience: 5+ years related supervisory experience in an animal production setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT certification required.
- Other: Effective communication and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated computer skills (data input, word processing) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet