This job is currently Archived,
Senior Supervisor Cell Products Windham United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 25 June 2017
Supervise all aspects of chicken embryo cell production. Work with customers to meet specific requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage activities of cell culture teams to ensure cohesiveness and effective operations.
- Participate in cell production activities as required.
- Schedule egg deliveries and production timetables for orders based on customer demands.
- Communicate directly with cell products customers to resolve issues and discuss specific needs,
- Visit customer laboratories to observe and offer suggestions for process improvements.
- Implement process improvements requested by customers.
- Direct building and equipment maintenance with approval supervisor. Work with outside contractors, electricians, plumbers, etc. on facility issues.
- Work with Technical Specialist and Supervisor regarding special products information, production and pricing.
- Interview and select qualified candidates for employment.
- Recommend, review, and approve personnel actions including hiring, promotions, and raises with assistance from Supervisor.
- Partner with Human Resources and Supervisor on disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain departmental SOPs. Develop and communicate departmental policies and procedures.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and approve job descriptions for subordinates and communicate duties and responsibilities to employees.
- In partnership with Quality Assurance and Supervisor, participate in customer and regulatory agency audits.
- Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of non-exempt employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science. Bachelor s degree preferred.
Experience: 6-8 years related experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: Not applicable.
Other: Able to supervise and lead others. Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates