Senior Strategic Buyer, Cardiff (UK) United Kingdom,
Senior Strategic Buyer, Cardiff (UK)27 July 2017
Opportunity to work for a global organisation with a Blue-Chip customer base in a role which will see the successful Senior Buyer take control of all strategic purchasing activities for one of their product ranges with a focus on both the management of existing supplier contracts and the sourcing of new suppliers in line with new product introduction processes. The Strategic Buyer will report into a Manufacturing Manager on site and play a key role in helping to successfully drive the business forward.
As the Senior Buyer, your duties will include:
- Maintenance and monitoring of departmental KPIs and reports
- Mentoring and coaching of a Buyer to enhance their professional development
- Key part of new product projects, working with R&D team to help to successfully bring new products into production
- The Strategic Buyer will be involved in sourcing, negotiating and buying in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensuring continuous supplies and communicating any supply problems which may pose a risk or have an impact on business operations
- Researching and evaluating areas of opportunity and reducing costs where possible
- Developing ideas and strategies to improve operational purchasing efficiency to add value and improve business efficiency
- Negotiating contracts, improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Staying current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of products
To be a successful Senior Buyer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment (ideally electronics focused)
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of achieving cost saving
- Familiarity with setting and monitoring KPIs to monitor performance
- The Strategic Buyer must have experience of New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
- A purchasing related qualification (ideally MCIPS) is preferred
In return, the Senior Buyer will receive a salary of £30,000 – £35,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
All direct and 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Sigma Recruitment. If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply here ».
Find a Job Find Candidates