- Our company is an international leader in the field of health care consulting for pharmaceutical companies and various agencies.
- It comprises a team of circa 150 highly-trained scientific consultants and staff who provide a wide range of evidence-based approaches, proprietary research services and healthcare economics and outcomes research services.
- Over the past few years, our company has significantly grown its global presence and capabilities through key mergers.
- Following our expansion in the global market of health science services, we are looking for a senior statistician within our Statistics and modeling team.
- This role offers an opportunity to expand your professional experience in a fast-growing science-driven healthcare consultancy company where progression and scientific emulation is encouraged. This position will enlarge our PhD-level statistical modelling team standing at the forefront of scientific excellence in the industry.
As a senior statistician, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Plan, lead, implement, validate and report statistical analyses studies to state-of-the-art techniques commensurate with project objectives.
- Work hand in hand with a team of statisticians, epidemiologists, data managers, project managers and other scientists for project delivery.
- Be responsible for delivering the technical parts of consulting/analytics projects and deal directly with clients.
- Take a leading role in the development of advanced statistical tools in response to business needs, and support publication development and scientific communications
- Assist in training statisticians and epidemiologists on statistics and develop their data analysis skills
- Participate in technical discussions– both internally and with the clients, and promote scientific excellence and quality in statistical activities.
- Depending on profile:
- Participate in business development activities, such as proposal writing and generation of leads,
- Participate in team management,
- Maintain networks and collaboration with worldwide leaders in academia
- The seniority of the role and corresponding responsibilities will be matched with the candidate’s experience and skills.
- We are still a relatively small and flexible company: your role may expand to other activities, depending on business needs and your abilities and interests.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ statistical experience in health sciences.
- Experience using R or SAS is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English are a must.
- Experience in parametric and non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear regressions, propensity scores, imputations, survival analysis, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
- Experience with epidemiological and healthcare databases is a plus.
- Experience in health economic modelling is a plus.
- Pharma industry experience is a plus.
- A masters’ degree in statistics, mathematics or another quantitative field such as health economics is required, a PhD is preferred.