Senior Statistician Job - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Senior Statistician (Fulltime)
Center for Mathematical Sciences (CMS) is a center of excellence in the field of non-clinical pharmaceutical statistics. The center employs about 25 statisticians in the United States and Europe. The specialists in Europe operate as consultants to support the Manufacturing Division activities of European sites.
- Serve as a consultant and advocate of statistics to technical specialists and managers in Merck's pharmaceutical, biologic and vaccine manufacturing.
- Be a key member of teams developing, validating and transferring biological and analytical methods and supporting stability analyses.
- Be a key member of teams solving complex manufacturing problems, improving efficiency of processes and developing new processes.
- Provide technical leadership in tasks that include design of experiments (DOE), analysis of data, statistical process control (SPC), simulation, design of sampling plans, and problem solving.
- Evaluate data for submissions and responses to regulatory agencies and pharmacopoeia.
- Assist senior members with publications and presentations and contribute work at the level of a poster presentation and occasionally contributes a talk to a professional society meeting.
- Mentor junior staff members.
- Develop and give training to scientists and management in understanding statistical techniques and methods.
- Reports to the CMS-Europe Manager.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MSc in statistics or a related area (e.g. mathematics, econometrics, biometrics, geometrics or psychometrics) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant applied work experience or PhD.
- Coursework/experience should include industrial statistics (DOE, SPC, regression, general linear models, and multivariate methods).
- Experience in working with statistical methods in an industrial setting or pharmaceutical setting is advantageous.
- Excellent statistical computing skills in packages such as R, SAS, JMP, and Minitab.
- For this European role fluency in English is required, Dutch is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate statistical concepts and analysis to non-statisticians
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and leadership ability.
- Have the ability to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals with a service-oriented mindset.
- Able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with competing priorities
- Willingness to travel to other European MSD sites.
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
MSD. Be well. For more information, visit our website: msd.nl/career/
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. We expect a lot from our people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Erik Talens, Director CMS Europe, phone +31 412 662 622
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are requested to apply online by uploading your resume and application letter in English.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Quantitative Sciences Generic Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Quant. Sciences
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-NB-Oss
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Statistics, Market Research, Law, Developer, Pharmaceutical, Data, Marketing, Legal, Technology, Science