- Our company Laboratories is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Chemistry and Chromatography R&D team as a research scientist and supervisor.
- The candidate will be involved in the research and development of chromatography media, and will generate data in support of product development and applications.
- This position will require interface with R&D scientists and engineers, marketing personnel, and external collaborators.
What you'll be doing:
- The successful candidate is expected to conduct independent investigation, with minimal supervision, in the areas of chromatography media characterization and their applications in bio-molecule separation.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in polymer particle analysis, protein purification method development, protein analysis and activity assay is desired.
- He or she will design and run experiments, supervise junior team members, and communicate findings to colleagues and management.
- Attention to detail when developing and executing an experiment is essential.
- The successful candidate will be able to record, analyze and present data in an efficient and clear manner.
- The ideal candidate will have BS degree with 10+ years, a master’s degree with 5+ years, or a Ph.D. degree with 2+ years of industry or core lab experience in chemistry, biochemistry, material science, chemical engineering or related field.
- Experience in supervision and management of R&D staff
- Experience in polymer particle/polymeric material characterization
- Experience in preparative scale protein purification using a variety of chromatography and membrane filtration techniques
- Other desirable skills include experience in packing industrial scale columns for protein manufacturing, using Design of Experience (DoE) for experimental design and execution, protein modification/conjugation, protein conformation/function analysis and protein activity assays.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.