Senior SQA Engineer - United States
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the effort to build or extend existing automation framework.
- Test new feature sets and demonstrate as needed using automation scripts.
- Identify areas of software that pose potential quality issues and ability to automate a test regimen in these suspect areas.
- Recommend and suggest new SQA automation techniques as needed.
- Track and report the test status and test coverage on all assigned tasks.
- Escalate concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Participate in defect reviews or other project efforts, providing clear status when needed.
- Document and maintain test plans, reports, and defect reports that are clear and traceable.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other SQA Engineers in an agile team environment to elicit and explain product requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Must have been part of product delivery to customers.
What you need for this role:
- 4-6 years’ experience with Software Automation and QA.
- BS/MS in Engineering CS, EE or related field.
- Strong problem solving / analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong motivation to work in an Agile environment with ability to ramp up fast.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages for automation or test script development.
- Familiarity with automation framework.
- Experience in Development of Tools for performance, scale testing and performance measurement.
- Experience with both blackbox and whitebox testing approach.
- VMWare, Hypervisor/KVM – setting up virtual machines, monitoring performance, optimizing/tuning the virtual machine configuration.
- Strong ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders and be a team player.
- Experience in Life Sciences or Clinical Diagnostics industry.
- Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) Experience.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) Experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Pleasanton, California, United States
- DBC SOFTWARE (10529)
- Position Type