Senior Specialist, Supply Chain Planner/Buyer Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The basic function of this position is to plan and schedule finished goods production and to procure direct materials.
• As a member of the Planning Team, this position has the responsibility to schedule production orders on a given set of work-centers to meet customer demand.
• Place purchase order for direct materials used in the production of finished goods.
• Evaluate resource capacity utilization, material lead-times, and other constraints to prepare an achievable plan. Monitor actual performance to assure customer demand is met.
• Will collaborate with other members of the Planning Team and with local and offsite (domestic and global) employees to resolve problems, optimize business processes, and drive continuous improvement. Work collaboratively with adjacent functions to influence and drive E2E performance and actively apply continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Kata, Six Sigma, etc.) to drive business efficiencies.
• Maintain site-related planning data to assure accuracy and optimize performance of the business.
• Review and analyze supply chain data to measure performance and identify areas for improvement.
• Enable supply transformation activities as applicable. Lead teams focused on these or other supply chain management processes.
• Lead and participate on teams focused on evolving and continuously improving the business.
• SAP is the primary data, communication, and analytical tool used for this position.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Art Degree in business, engineering or science discipline required.
Required Experience and Skills:
5+ years of production operations/ supply chain management/scheduling experience in a highly regulated manufacturing or packaging environment required.
• Experience with product launches, product source changes, and/or product commercialization required.
• Experience with SAP required.
• Ability to interface with and understand the production processes, timing, and priorities for the area supported.
• Self-motivated individual with ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Financial acumen.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience using lean/six-sigma tools and processes.
• APICS CPIM and/or CSCP Certification
• LSS Yellow, Green, Black or Master Black Belt
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Supply Chain Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Wilson
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Nearest Secondary Market: Rocky Mount
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Procurement, Supply, Supply Planner, ERP, Operations, Technology