Senior Specialist, Regional Security – EMEA, Sub-Saharan Africa Job - South Africa
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Based in Midrand, South Africa, the Senior Specialist, Regional Security role is assigned to Sub-Saharan Africa (French West Africa, English & Portuguese Africa, South Africa) and is directly managed by the Associate Director, Regional Security Middle East Africa (MEA). The incumbent will be responsible for providing primary security support for all MSD assets and operations, which include sales and marketing; manufacturing; and research. The incumbent will also be tasked with a leadership role on security matters and serves as a key resource to the senior management of their client group.
• Provide primary tactical security support to specific divisional/regional operations.
• Establish and maintain seamless interface with regional management and operations.
• Analyze security exposures and implement cost effective passive, reactive, and proactive programs to address these exposures.
• Conduct/support investigations within the region (and sometimes in other countries as directed by the EMEA Regional Security Director) focusing on incidents such as (but not limited to): Intellectual Property and Trade secret protection, Product Integrity (counterfeit, illegally diverted, stolen products), breaches of physical security, frauds, policy violations…
• Maintain close liaison with government, industry, security, and intelligence professionals within the region.
• Provide guidance and support to site and subsidiary security operations within the region ensuring that Global Security Group worldwide standards, policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Provide support as directed in the areas of Executive Protection, Workplace Violence, Incident Management and Buisiness Continuity, travel security, due diligence investigations, Site Security Surveys, and Risk Assessment/Risk Analysis.
• Handles high volume & complex caseload with little oversight and maintain incident reporting database & measurements for region.
• Accountable to assigned client groups and GSG management for efficient and highly effective delivery of security services.
• Ability to identify security issues and customize, implement/execute solutions.
• Security professional with 3-6 years experience in corporate security or 3-6 years experience in law enforcement/military or intelligence service within region.
• Proven comprehensive investigational and analytic skills to identify investigative and security issues independently and with minimal oversight, as well as the ability to customize, implement, and execute solutions efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills and proven success in presenting succinct, effective communication to all stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work with wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds, countries of origin, and at varying levels within the corporate structure.
• Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment
• Established range of professional contacts, polished interpersonal skills, excellent research and writing abilities under extremely tight deadlines and competing demands, and familiarity with the range of professional literature in this area.
• Proven ability to work in varying situations, from committee work in which a “team player” approach is essential to situations in which considerable independence and self-motivation is required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to breaking situations. Sound, proven judgment is a must.
• Written and oral fluency in English and French is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) or equivalent. Advanced degree is preferred.
• Recognized international security qualifications/accreditations such as Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) are preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
MSD is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of MSD and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. MSD reserves the right not to make an appointment as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Job: Global Security Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Global Security
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Database, Animal Health, Military Intelligence, Research, Technology, Veterinary, Government