Senior Specialist, Project Management Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Senior Specialist, Project Manager will fill a key role at the Elkhorn facility in support and development of capital projects according to site and corporate engineering, safety, environmental, quality, and code requirements. The position will be responsible for developing project scope, support, funding, design, execution, commissioning, qualification, and delivery of capital projects at the Elkhorn site. Project leadership roles will include both small, limited scope upgrades; as well as large, complex projects with many stakeholders and critical impact upon the organization. The Project Manager will manage all engineering projects under the Merck Global Engineering Services Project Management process.
- Develop, Specify, and Manage project scopes and deliverables according to the requirements of Global and Site Engineering, Safety, and Quality requirements.
- Open and track Change Controls related to project scopes.
- Develop Charter / A3 documents to gain project alignment for project activities.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications for project and change control activities.
- Develop and execute; or in some cases contract development and execution of Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation protocols for testing of system changes and upgrades.
- Train user groups on the efficient and effective use of their system interfaces and required applications.
- Develop and update SOPs.
- Attend and execute Equipment Vendor Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Oversee contractors and consultants.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), and Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) for small projects.
- Review and approve URS, FRS, and DDS specifications developed by outside providers.
- Develop, track, and deliver project budgets / spending reports.
- Develop, track, and deliver project schedules.
Providing planning coordination and project execution planning.
- Lead project team meetings.
- Define, develop, and justify the customer supplied justification expectations.
- Issue purchase orders and change orders to suppliers.
Monitor, verify, and approve supplier invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to drive a car and perform limited travel
- Experience using the PMBOK guide to run projects is required.
- Experience managing projects greater than $3 million in a highly regulated industry (bio-tech, pharma, food, nuclear) is required.
- Experience working with Global or Corporate Engineering Service teams to execute complex projects is required.
- Must possess an innate and overwhelming desire to drive Safe, Compliant, and Environmentally responsible projects.
- Engineering degree is preferred.
- Professional Engineers License is preferred.
- PMI Project Management certification is preferred.
- OSHA 10 hr construction safety is preferred.
- Certification through Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement process is preferred.
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Engineering Project Management
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Project Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: the responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Nuclear, Nuclear Engineering, Engineer, Management, Energy, Engineering