Senior Specialist, Program Management; Bio/sterile Global Technical Operations Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Technical Operations (GTO) Bio-Sterile Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position in their program and project execution strategy & management team to support strategic projects within the Large Molecule Vaccine & Biologic Operating Units. Incumbent will be responsible for providing portfolio & project management expertise and hands on support. Responsibilities will include providing support with project prioritization, scheduling, resourcing planning and execution management. Additional responsibilities will include the deployment and onboarding of business systems & processes. The incumbent will support project teams through change management / influence. As appropriate, will provide project management planning and execution management services to assigned projects.
- Supports technical teams with planning & execution of strategic projects within their assigned portfolio of work (70%)
- Planning Phase
- Works with project teams, sponsors, and portfolio managers to define project charter – problem and goal statement, business benefit, scope, milestones, risks/assumptions
- Support development of schedules & resource plans
- Perform project planning support to assigned projects
- Execution Phase
- Provide portfolio and project management support to the portfolio managers and project managers
- Work with project leader to monitor current status, schedule, stage gates, resource plans and portfolio and projects progress
- Work with project leader to monitor resource plan in Microsoft Project Server(MSPS)
- Support Product Stewards & Project Leads with project sponsorship to ensure execution success
- Provide execution management support to assigned projects
- Prioritization of the Vaccine strategic projects - Cross Product Prioritization (XPP) process (20%)
- Drive adherence to business process
- Supports the annual prioritization process to drive to an approved portfolio
- Supports the intake & reprioritization process for new programs/projects
- Provide guidance to portfolio leads – methodology & process
- Represent portfolio (status, escalations, trends) at senior leadership meetings
- Training & back-up support for administrator and subject matter expert role for an instance of MSPS (10%)
- Provide project management consultation / capability building
- Acts as subject matter expert on MSPS, helping users through the large molecule line of business utilize the system to support management of the portfolio of projects
- Support portfolio managers by working to develop and present portfolio and project metrics
- Provides user training, support, and education on Microsoft Project Server tool
- Prepares reports and data to provide visibility to portfolio performance and process adherence
- BS in Engineering or science related field
- BS degree with 5 years in pharmaceutical &/or related industries or MS degree with 3 years in pharmaceutical &/or related industries;
- Relevant experience in a technology group supporting Bio-sterile operations
- Relevant project management experience with manufacturing business processes
- Development/support of cross-functional business processes
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong communications, planning and collaboration/negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to the manufacturing sites up to 10% of the time
- Experience in Vaccine or Biologic manufacturing or technical services
- Familiarity with Change execution methodology
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma processes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Medical Technologist, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Operations, Healthcare, Science, Management