Senior Specialist, Process Excellence Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Specialist Process Excellence & Operations (Senior Specialist PE&O) reports to the Director, Process Excellence & Operations (Dir, PE&O) within the Global Supplier management Group (GSMG).
In this capacity the Senior Specialist PE&O will:
- Manage the Source Recommendation Committee (SRC) process which includes but is not limited to scheduling and facilitating SRC meetings, compiling data and reporting on performance metrics, and training and coaching individuals at varying levels within GSMG concerning the process.
- Planning and implementation of projects including tracking project/portfolio deliverables as well as providing support and guidance to stakeholders and resources.
- Instruct cross-functional teams on how to adapt to and understand Lean/Six Sigma improvement processes, train personnel on how to use the DMAIC methodology, facilitate Kaizens and oversee and/or lead process improvement projects.
- Use knowledge of Source to Settle processes to facilitate effective council meetings, plan agendas, steer project prioritization and track and report on initiative progress.
- Promote Lean and efficiency tools and behaviors, and share best practices and lessons learned with colleagues within GSMG.
This position requires an energetic individual that can help drive continuous process improvement within GSMG by identifying process issues and developing solutions. The Senior Specialist PE&O is responsible for executing project plans and initiatives that provide optimal value and address process gaps in the department.
The Senior Specialist PE&O must ensure the smooth operation of the Source Recommendation Committee (SRC) by planning and managing all administrative and operational activities associated with running the process. This position requires knowledge of the Procurement function and processes to ensure the projects presented at SRC conform to best practices and exhibit sourcing rigor.
The Senior Specialist PE&O will promote process standardization across the organization. This individual will identify and lead end-to-end process improvement projects and develop associated documentation and materials to train and support users within GSMG. This person will provide regular communication and promotion of process excellence initiatives to support a culture of excellence within the department. The Senior Specialist PE&O is also the owner/administrator of ProSave (SAP/Ariba) – the system used to track procurement projects and savings.
Additionally, the Senior Specialist PE&O is responsible for developing and regularly reporting on department metrics to track progress and make suggestions to improve performance.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the Procurement function, processes and tools
- 5+ years experience in large, complex and successful organizations
- Strong analytical capabilities, project management skills, structured process thinking, and process improvement expertise
- Implementation and results driven, attentive to customer needs
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and the ability to achieve performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, outstanding follow-up and attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and partnership development skills
- Knowledge of procurement systems and processes
- Change management training and/or direct change management experience
- Ability to set priorities and work well with all levels of personnel
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Black Belt is preferred.
- Experience in Procurement, Project Management, Manufacturing, Sales and/or Marketing.
- Experience working with SAP/COMET.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: ERP, Consulting, SAP, Procurement, Engineer, Technology, Operations, Engineering