Senior Specialist Pricing & HTA Job - Bulgaria
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Market Access division acts as both educators and advocates for the products, processes, and practices that help MSD revolutionize medicine across the globe. Our tenacious, assertive group of individuals uses a deep understanding of the healthcare market in order to build collaborative relationships with the business leaders, customers, and legislative powers that help cultivate positive uptake of and education about MSD’s products throughout the world.
For our entity in Bulgaria we are currently looking for Senior Pricing & HTA Specialist (department of Market Access).
Brief Description of Position
The Pricing/ HTA Senior Specialist reports to the Market Access, Policy & Communication Lead.
He/she is responsible for pricing submissions (price setting, discounts and tender) and notifications to internal stakeholders (locally and globally) and external customers.
He/she will be responsible for collecting epidemiological/real life clinical data, designing and implementing economic research studies, building relevant health economics models to demonstrate the economic value of MSD’s priority products
The Pricing & HTA Sen. Specialist will help shape and implement MSD’s position in the HTA area in order to capitalize on the opportunities of real-world data and to address potential challenges.
Duties, responsibilities, activities
- Keeping updated the pricing files/submissions for all products.
- Implement the best possible rationale and strategies for the pricing of assigned products
- Updates and maintenance of the company's P&R systems for the interested internal stakeholders
- Maintain contacts with the technical personnel in the health authorities involved in the pricing and reimbursement
Pricing management – internal process
- Prepare recommendations for pricing strategies for assigned MSD products. Close co-operation with marketing, medical, sales, business development and with regional pricing teams.
- Keep in line with local and corporate guidelines the pricing strategies.
- Ensure the highest quality of pricing analysis.
- Implement internal approval process.
- Create reports/analysis for internal stakeholders based on requests
Pricing management – external process
- required pricing documents to health authorities.
- Ensure the most beneficial pricing status of assigned marketed and newly introduced MSD products according with the local regulations.
- Monitor and report to Market Access Manager healthcare (legislative) changes that may have an impact on pricing policy and consequently on MSD pricing decisions.
- Offer input and insights for any legislative changes related to pricing of medicines
- Maintain contacts with the technical personnel in the health authorities involved in the pricing
- Reimbursement management
- Recommend and coordinate individual reimbursement strategies in collaboration with marketing and medical department in order to obtain reimbursement for each of the assigned products (in-line products and new compounds).
- Co-ordinate the collection of all required information from marketing, medical, business development, outcomes research and regulatory, needed for appropriate reimbursement submissions of assigned products in a timely manner. Develop and submit dossier/documents to support reimbursement.
- Participate actively in reimbursement negotiations/discussions with NHIF and MoH and other related bodies.
- Offer reimbursement op-outs for crisis situations
- Recommend and coordinate individual access projects in collaboration with interested internal stakeholders
- Develop market intelligence in order to have an accurate overview on the competitors access activity
- If it is the case, develop access projects for MSD products in conjunction with Private providers (Insurance companies, HC centers, hospitals, so)
Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- He/she will be responsible for collecting epidemiological/real life clinical data, designing and implementing economic research studies, building relevant health economics models to demonstrate the economic value of MSD’s priority products to :
- National Payers: support reimbursement files and price negotiations by creating value stories that demonstrate MSD products represent efficient use of available funding.
- Key hospital accounts : create product value propositions (cost-effectiveness), services and tools to support hospital formulary introduction and help win public tenders
- He/she will develop partnerships with key customers to collect and analyze health outcome data to provide perspective on effectiveness, costs and broader impact of new and existing MSD medicines enabling decisions to be made around resource allocations.
Cross Divisional Networking
- Ensure effective networking/cooperation with other company functions including business development, marketing, external affairs and medical.
- Ensure effective cooperation with the region.
- Education & Experience
- University degree
- Proficiency in English at a high level– speech & writing
- Good PC knowledge
- Knowledge of local legislative policies relevant for Health Care
- Good PC knowledge
- Local pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and communicate to internal stakeholders
- Ability to understand and distill complex information on tenders into understandable concepts and language.
- Competence in developing and analyzing stakeholder feedback.
Leadership and Influencing Skills
- Ability to collaborate with management and peers on sound and timely tender management, and to work well with all levels and functions in an organization.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills - must be able to effectively influence external and internal stakeholders with conflicting points of view.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and to exert influence without hardline authority.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Market Access Job Title:Senior Specialist Pricing & HTA
Primary Location: EMEA-Bulgaria-Sofia-Grad-Sofia
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Pricing, Public Health, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Operations, Science