Senior Specialist – Process Engineer; Global Engineering Services Technology Center Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Basic Functions & Responsibility Essential function(s) includes, but is not limited to:
The Senior Specialist operates under the guidance of the Technology Director or an Associate Director supporting a line of business (e.g. Large Molecule, Small Molecule or Animal Health). The individual collaborates with other Integrated Project Team (IPT) members (e.g., Project Management, Technology, Maintenance, Automation, Plant Operations and Safety), Engineering Firms and Vendors to progress deliverables.
The Senior Specialist would be responsible for planning, design, and implementation of capital projects including scope generation, process & facility design, equipment selection, vendor interaction, factory acceptance testing, technology transfer, construction support, equipment qualification, facility start-up and process demonstrations.
The Senior Specialist shall exhibit strong leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills for both decision making and guiding team members. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the line of business, understand lean design and delivery, implement standard work and be able to lead technical areas and small capital projects from an end to end perspective. Flexibility with travel up to 50% and work location is also required.
Primary Activities Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with IPT members in support of Capital Project Delivery
- Ability to assess multiple options and select a leading approach
- Core knowledge should include specification of unit operations, P&ID development, Hazard Analysis, equipment operation, commissioning & qualification
- Familiar with chemical handling, bio-safety, containment approaches in terms of solution development
- Operating within cost and schedule constraints of project and department
- Peer review across multiple projects
- Maintaining knowledge of best practices & industry trends; may participate in professional/technical organizations.
- Participating in the development and review of core documents such as procedures, practices, engineering guidelines, standards
- Required: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or applicable science
- This position will function as a Process Engineer with prior experience supporting API, Oral Solid Dosage, Biologics, Vaccine or Sterile Projects
- Prior experience with engineering design, equipment operation, vendor interface, risk assessment, process safety and industry guidance is essential for delivery of assets and project realization
- Must be willing and able to to enter core sterile manufacturing areas
- A second language – Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Mandarin may be beneficial, but is not required
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-New Jersey
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: The position may involve operation of equipment containing solvent, dust, or material of biologic origin.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Facilities, Engineering, Operations