Senior Specialist – IT Quality Audit Job - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Specialist of IT Audits will conduct both internal and external (vendor) audits as determined by a risk-based selection process, compliance exposures and business drivers within Merck’s Manufacturing Division (MMD). This role will drive continuous improvement by proactively identifying, scoping and auditing manufacturing computer systems that potentially affect patient safety, product quality, and data integrity.
- Conducts computer system audits of GMP systems/operations to ensure compliance with prevailing regulatory laws and company policies through the computer system life-cycle.
- Conducts remote assessments and on-site vendor audits in support of the procurement and life-cycle monitoring of computerized system software and third party IT services.
- Responsible for the audit planning, audit execution and formal reporting of all audit results to the responsible management. Ensure responses to each audit observation is obtained and that appropriate remediation and corrective or preventive actions are taken and tracked to closure.
- Presents the results of audits to senior site and divisional management, including practical recommendations to address identified risks; requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Supports the development of the GMP computerized system internal and external audit programs inclusive of procedure creation, audit tools and training delivery.
- Supports the annual development and maintenance of a risk-based audit plan/schedule including scope definition.
- Provides GMP computerized system quality and compliance consultancy and expertise to colleagues.
- Supports the analysis of quality and compliance data in order to identify and lead targeted continuous improvement efforts to improve operational process effectiveness through timely investigations and effective CAPA.
- Monitors trends, identifies compliance issues and determines opportunities for quality improvements within customer areas.
- Requests applicable resources to support audit plans.
- Is responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and timely audit information to appropriate levels of management.
- Ensures independent and non-biased role in working with quality and compliance functional area groups to prevent any audit conflicts of interest. Collaborates with quality and compliance colleagues, as appropriate, to assure adequate focus.
- Responsible for practical knowledge of current and emerging global guidelines and regulations, relevant regulatory approaches and actions to effectively develop and advance audit strategies.
- Limited supervision required in day-to-day activities.
- Requires approximately 50 – 75% domestic and International travel for up to two weeks in duration.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Information Technology or equivalent IT experience related to IT Systems Development, Implementation and/or IT Operations.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5-7 years of auditing experience in a highly regulated environment. Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of the principles, theories and concepts of computerized system auditing for compliance to GMP regulations
- 2-3 years of experience in delivering validated IT solutions or an application support or vendor oversight role
- Familiarity and practical experience in the implementation of quality systems in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years in a management role with proven accountability, and demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving capabilities
- Good understanding of a IT technology operations
- CISA, CISP Certification and knowledge of frameworks established under COBIT and ITIL
- Six-Sigma Green Belt Certification
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Qual Assurance & Ops Generic Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Quality Assurance
Primary Location: APAC-IN-MH-Mumbai
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Audit, Biotech, CAPA, Law, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Science, Management, Legal