Senior Specialist - MDM Job Petaling Jaya Malaysia,
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD Business Services Centers (BSCs), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The BSC – Asia Pacific in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the APAC region.
Within the Business Service Center( BSC)Technology, Data, & Analytics organization, the incumbent is responsible for interfacing with outsourced operational data stewards and regional client business functions for a comprehensive understanding of strategies and end-to-end process requirements to ensure workstream related master data is maintained appropriately to optimize business transactions. The incumbent will also provide oversight and review work of operational data stewards responsible for qualification, data analysis, creation, modification and change control for Master Data. Reviews or approves data created or modified by operational stewards in accordance with SOPs and standards approved by the MDM Domain Leader and will recommend alternative solutions for improving information quality at MSD.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive understanding of all master data and process-related policies and procedures in order to effectively interface with internal and external clients and to proactively comply with audit requirements.
• Oversee and monitor work of outsourced operational steward(s) in all aspects of function which includes but is not limited to the evaluation of work product to ensure compliance with data quality standards, providing leadership and mentoring to associates, ensuring master data changes are processed in a timely manner to meet the needs of the business, znd ongoing communication of information and feedback on business partners' objectives and performance.
• Audits MDM operational stewards' work to ensure compliance with SOP for key controls over sensitive fields and information.
• Monitors and analyzes master data for assigned business processes; ensures timely updates, eliminates duplicate/obsolete data.
• Coordinates assignment in region of master data create/change roles, processes & forms, ensuring necessary reviews are performed and approvals obtained.
• Reviews data against the global data standards and when necessary country-specific and plant data standards.
• Ensures client inquiries are addressed in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
• Reviews and analyzes system and passive data governance reports to ensure high quality data and timely and complete synchronization between systems. Acts to resolve all issues and discrepancies
• Develops Master Data specific documentation and reference materials to be used as SOPs
• Assigns and reviews execution of changes in accordance with SOP and SAP data quality standards
• Analyzes data feeds and reconciles reports which are critical to daily operations.
• Ensures compliance with data privacy.
• A minimum of three to five (3-5) years relevant work experience in business/data/operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in a business concentration (Accounting, Finance, Order Management, or Procurement)
• Experience in oversight and/or supervision of outsourced business partner staff. Project Management and prioritization skills.
• Broad understanding and knowledge of applicable business processes including end-to-end process use of data and lifecycle of data (creation to use to inactivation).
• Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Bi-lingual English/local country language required.
• Teamwork and collaborative focus, customer service oriented.
• Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines.
• Attention to details with strong focus on data quality. Ability to identify root causes of errors and appropriate corrective actions.
• Knowledge of SAP required
• knowledge in Excel to perform data analysis
• experience in finance/accounting Master Data Management
What we offer at MSD?
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Job: Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: MSD
Job Segment: Data Management, Medical, ERP, Procurement, SAP, Data, Healthcare, Technology, Operations
Find a Job Find Candidates