Senior Specialist, Manufacturing Automation IT Digital Shopfloor Programs, Americas Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Project management of various scale manufacturing automation projects to ensure the projects are delivered of high quality, within cost and on schedule. This includes following the project through all phases of a project life-cycle including concept, requirements, design, testing, installation, qualification and training. It will involve working closely with the customer, technical staff, other engineering groups and the management of suppliers to ensure a successful implementation.
Major Projects include automating production of key Merck Sharpe and Dohme (MSD) products in all three areas of MSD Manufacturing:
And employing technologies including:
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA)
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Process Data Management Systems
- Process Data Analytics Systems
- IT Integration Services
The project manager must also understand the business needs of MMD and stay abreast of new technologies to make recommendations for business improvements.
Candidate should be familiar with the application of SDLC Methodology and computer validation concepts. Candidate must possess good communication skills. Position will require on the average 50% travel, and will support the Manufacturing sites in the Americas region primarily. This position is based in West Point, PA. Could be based at one of the secondary locations listed, instead.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience and accomplishments in the implementation and project management of manufacturing automation/ execution systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to participate in and lead highly effective teams.
- Ability to become influential in his/her area demonstrated by suitable technical degrees and/or experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in motivating staff and customers in the achievement of shared objectives.
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Ability to integrate diverse initiatives across systems development groups, business and client organizations, and infrastructure areas.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application systems development.
- Good project management experience in relation to scope, cost, and schedule control of large automation capital projects.
- A minimum of 3 years manufacturing or related experience is required.
- Experience with automation systems for pharmaceutical, biological or bulk-manufacturing facilities is required.
- In-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and applications systems development is required.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2 years in automation or Information Technology is strongly preferred.
- Delta V experience
- Pharmaceutical experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manufacturing Automation
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Manufacturing Automation
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NC-Durham, NA-US-PA-Danville, NA-US-VA-Elkton, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Data Management, Animal Health, Science, Manufacturing, Data, Veterinary