Senior Specialist Industrial Hygiene (Occupational Hygiene) - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Safety and Environment department provides safety and environmental support for all the company operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (environment, Health & Safety) performance. The department (currently 18 people) covers all the essential EHS expertise.
Reporting into the Associate Director, Global Safety and the Environment for the Business Unit Pharmaceutical Operations, the Senior Specialist Industrial Hygiene will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of the site’s industrial hygiene program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing IH industrial hygiene technical support for engineering projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and coordinate the execution of the site’s Industrial Hygiene systems, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks;
- Prioritize IH-related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other IH’s/EHS staff/ Engineering /and Operations personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Coordinate the IH Monitoring team efforts in execution of site’s exposure monitoring programs
- Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed;
- Technical expertise needs to include but is not limited to: exposure assessment & monitoring of pharmaceutical operations; control strategies – prevention, engineering controls, work practice controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection, applicable regulatory and company requirements;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication processes to ensure on site and above site management, occupational health, and affected employees understand the workplace hazards, exposures, and accompanying risks, as well as the needed control strategies;
- Provide technical support for new projects and modifications to ensure proper IH design review, containment verification, as well as routine /maintenance evaluation after process / equipment installed / implemented;
- Conduct IH self-assessments / audits;
- Develop and implement effective IH-related training programs for both management and employees;
- Serve as the site’s IH Coordinator for the site manufacturing areas and technical support groups and participate in local S&IH committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene /Ergonomics (Master's degree is a plus) as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene recognized under the NAR program of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA) e.g. Hobéon SKO (VAO certification requirements);
- At least 5 years of experience with managing risks associated with high potency pharmaceutical compounds and full understanding of containment systems and concepts;
- Experience in leading the integration of excellent Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics processes into chemical / pharmaceutical operations or similar industries;
- Ability to analyze data, interpret results/ trends, decide appropriate, cost effective corrective actions and provide clear recommendations to both management and employees;
- Excellent technical, leadership and communication (oral & written) skills in Dutch and English.
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Engineer, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Respiratory, Engineering, Manufacturing, Science, Healthcare