This job is currently Archived,
Senior Specialist, Engineering –Technical Operations - United States
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- We currently have a Senior Specialist, Engineering position available on our Technical Operations Team.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Achieving Safety, Quality, and Environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Managing multiple technical and capital projects and assembling and leading multidisciplinary teams across many functional areas
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Supporting and leading change control implementation
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses, recommending corrective actions, and seeing them through to successful, sustainable implementation
- Writing, reviewing, improving documentation for technical and regulatory compliance excellence
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
- Teaching, coaching, mentoring, and learning from team members
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of six years of relevant industrial experience
- M.S. degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of four years of relevant industrial experience
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience
Required Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate must have demonstrated:
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias toward going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Manufacturing or pilot scale processing experience.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- A strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working in a cGMP environment
- Chromatography and Filtration experience
- Biologics or vaccine processing
- Sterile processing
- Project Management
- Leadership roles
- Participation in regulatory agency inspections
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Biochemistry, Medical, Engineer, Operations, Science, Healthcare, Engineering