Senior Specialist Engineering: Facilities Management Job - South Africa
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Understand and realise Global Facilities Management (GFM) strategies at plant/site. Assist the FM Site Lead to ensure cost effective and efficient delivery and coordination of the portfolio of Facilities Management services in partnership with the IFM provider and other strategic sourcing partners aligned with GFM strategy and vision. Understand client business strategies. Assist the site Lead to plan and control Facilities Management expense and capital budgets. Ensure compliance with GxP requirements throughout facilities, equipment and services under FM responsibility.
- Interface with site clients ensuring understanding of all GFM Engineering strategies, projects and matters relating to the delivery of the GFM portfolio. Proactively initiate actions that add value through innovation and operational excellence. Assist in the building of sponsorship and support for GFM and IFM strategy.
- Assist the FM Lead to partner with site leadership and strategic sourcing providers (IFM - Integrated Facilities Management), to implement FM initiatives in line with agreed scope and local regulatory and employee consultation processes
- Receive feedback from stakeholders to inform the respective governance processes integrating feedback into service standards
- Attend regional Facilities, meetings as required to ensure alignment with and contribute to global and regional strategies and initiatives. Represent issues and concerns affecting local activities
- Deputise for the FM lead in attending site leadership meetings to represent Facilities, in key decision-making relating to the workplace and all matters in the FM portfolio
- Participate in the MMD / FM council sharing best practice and supporting the continued development of the GFM model.
- Assist the FM Lead to partner with site leadership and IFM Provider to ensure effective implementation of the IFM operating model, establishing service levels in line with business needs, efficient and cost effective service delivery and continuity of service at all times.
- Manage performance of IFM Provider against agreed KPIs, savings targets and expense budgets, participating in local and regional governance processes
- Partner with IFM Provider to identify cost savings and innovations in the operation and utilization of the buildings and delivery of services sharing and adopting best practice
- Work with COE's (IFM/JCI, Reliability, Energy, Procurement, Compliance etc.) to ensure vision and strategies are communicated, understood and aligned with regional GFM & Engineering objectives
- Partner with IFM provider to ensure that the MSD assets are fully categorized and managed through a proactive program aligned with the capital investment plan.
- Ensure a proactive building maintenance program managing asset lifecycle
- Manage facility, energy and infrastructure related capital projects to meet business needs and promote efficient operation of buildings and plant in line with site priorities and payback criteria
- Assist the FM Lead to produce site masterplan to ensure buildings meet future business needs and inform the process to optimise the regional real estate portfolio
- Produce metrics to plan and optimise short term office occupancy and site usage in line with global standards
- Produce initiatives to contain the use of energy in line with global best practice
- Produce initiatives to reduce carbon emission, recycle waste and use 'green' processes
- Assist the FM Lead to set and manage local FM expense budgets, identify and understand budget variances, and ensure the provision of revised financial forecasts and approve variable expenditure
- Assist the FM Lead to set and manage FM tactical and long range capital budgets
- Understand company standards and policies in Environmental, Health and Safety and ensure all FM operations comply
- Partner with Risk management to provide input on insurance issues
Culture, Leadership and Development
- Adapt Facility Management behaviors to align with and support MSD Leadership Behaviors. Support MSD in the endeavor to sustain a values-driven culture of diversity and inclusion. Demonstrate integrity and customer focus as a basis for action and innovation. Use inclusive behavior in meetings. Leverage continuous improvement and Change execution methodology, actively participate in a program of personal and employee development to improve personal effectiveness and interpersonal skills
- Build a culture of safety and Quality compliance within the GFM organization including our outsourced supplier partners
- Manage the implementation and compliance with: EHS, Quality and Engineering Standards as applicable to FM Scope
- Reduce the frequency and severity of EHS and Quality compliance incidents in the GFM organization
- Support internal and external compliance audit programs and audits from regulatory authorities. Enhance existing self-inspection and site audit programs to proactively identify and correct compliance issues
- Partner with the Safety organisation to build collaboration and inclusion of Safety in GFM activities with IFM partner
- Drive effective implementation of compliance policies, procedures and guidelines across all operations including our outsourced supplier partners
- Complete all required compliance and EHS training
Align outsourced supplier partners to ensure accurate and timely compliance metrics are produced in line with MSD requirements as part of the IFM governance process
- Registration as an installation electrician in terms of regulation 11(1) of the Electrical Installation Regulations
- Apprenticeship in an engineering trade which included the operation and maintenance of machinery, or has had at least five years' practical experience in the operation and maintenance of machinery, and has had not less than one year's experience in the operation and maintenance appropriate to the class of machinery.
- Engineering diploma in either the mechanical or electrotechnical (heavy current) fields with an academic qualification of at least T3 or N5; Or a certified Engineer OR a graduate/ certified Engineer and has had not less than two years' post-graduate practical experience
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills in the local language(s) and English. Flexible and customer focused. Culturally sensitive and builds strong relationships with clients, employees, third parties, line management and other stakeholders, able to apply influence and persuasion.
- Proactive and naturally takes initiative, identifies problems and establishes resolution leveraging local strategic partners and regional team expertise.
- BSc or equivalent in a technical (ideally engineering) discipline.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of diverse site services and commercial awareness.
- Project management experience and can apply change management methodologies.
- Able to work independently.
- Possesses or is interested in developing six sigma qualifications.
- Has the potential to assume the role of the FM Site Lead in the medium term
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
MSD is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of MSD and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. MSD reserves the right not to make an appointment as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Job: Facilities Management Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Facilities
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Facilities, Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Electrician, Operations, Management, Engineering