Senior Sourcing Project Manager for future devices - Denmark
- Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity within strategic sourcing?
- Are you interested in taking on new challenges in an international environment?
- We are looking for a Senior Sourcing Project Manager to drive strategic sourcing activities related to medical devices in Research and Development (R&D) projects.
About the department
- Strategic Sourcing is the central sourcing unit in our company’s Product Supply division, and we are responsible for the strategic sourcing activities related to our company’s worldwide pharmaceutical production.
- Devices & Needles is one of the departments in Strategic Sourcing and we are managing the strategic sourcing activities related to ensuring access to supply used for the production of devices for the global market.
- The overall purpose of this position is to ensure sustainable, qualified selection and approval of suppliers and drive down cost at the early stages of Device development processes while taking into due consideration reliability, quality, risks, environmental and social aspects.
- As Senior Sourcing Project Manager you will head up Strategic Sourcing’s representation in device R&D projects, from early development phases until launch.
- You will act as project manager for sourcing activities in the development projects and develop long term strategies for how to secure sustainable supply for the future devices when reaching the market.
- This entails among others a close collaboration with the category managers, supporting the supplier selection, negotiations and developing business cases for in-versus outsourcing decisions.
- Your success depends on your ability to bridge between the interests of successful device R&D projects on the one side and sustainable sourcing strategies ensuring supply availability for running business, on the other hand.
- This position comes with high degree of independence and empowerment.
- It is a great opportunity for impacting supply chains for future devices.
- It will also provide you with the chance to work cross functionally on global projects with a broad range of contacts in our company and with suppliers worldwide.
- Travel activity of up to 10-20 days per year is to be expected.
- You hold a degree as M.Sc. and/or Ph.D./MBA in business, finance or engineering.
- You have +7 years of experience, preferably from the pharmaceutical industry, and a proven track record within strategic sourcing.
- As a person, you are confident with navigating in complex and dynamic organisations and are able to impact decision making through clear recommendations based on solid analysis.
- You are an outgoing person with a strong personal drive and dedication.
- The job requires you to create a broad range of contacts in our company as well as with suppliers worldwide.
- You must therefore have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are an experienced category manager and you hold strong analytical skills and solid number senses.
- Additionally, you thrive in a busy environment and bring a ‘can do attitude’ and a healthy sense of humour to your work, also when the pressure is on.
- Lastly, you are fluent in both oral and written English.
Working with Us:
- We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes.
- We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.