|External Posting Title||Senior Sourcing Manager|
|Job Description||Senior Sourcing Manager will support the global IT organization and be responsible for the creation and implementation of sourcing strategies in support of the Technology category. The Senior Sourcing Manager must be well versed in the strategic sourcing discipline and can translate that methodology into practical plans for addressing spend, particularly in a Biotech/Pharma environment. Advanced stakeholder development skills and working well in a cross-functional team environment will also be integral to success in this role. |
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Develop, implement and refine a global sourcing strategy that results in enhanced value, revenue, breakthrough total-cost reduction and continuous improvement for spend in the Technology category.
* Proactively partner with Technology leadership and their teams to create alignment and develop strategic relationships.
* Partner with Technology leadership and the Project Portfolio Management Office to drive the procurement lifecycle from supplier selection (RFPs/RFI’s) to final legal contract execution.
* Proactively conduct market-intelligence activities
a. Perform industry, supply market and supply chain research/analytics
b. Uncover trends and best practices in category sourcing and outsourcing
c. Share knowledge, insight and advice in a way that contributes to long-term business strategies
* Identify demand management opportunities and incorporate into appropriate strategies
* Partner with Procurement Strategic Operations team to incorporate strategic sourcing tools that drive continuous improvement and optimize quality into the sourcing process.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||General & Administrative, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)|
|Qualifications||* 8+ years diverse technology strategic sourcing, negotiations and contract experience|
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills, able to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies
* Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
*Project management experience and proven ability to effectively manage change
* Experience with conflict resolution
* Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tools
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree required |
MBA a plus
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Supply Chain Manager, Biology, Manager, Science, Operations, Management, Research