Senior Sourcing Analyst, Technology Procurement – IT Services Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Sourcing Analyst in IT Procurement provides support in managing commodity and vendor ownership within the services category supporting the total category spend of $600m globally. The role reports to the Associate Director of IT Services. This position will take an active role in the development of procurement strategy, Global Category Management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management within this category. The incumbent will develop and maintain strong relationships with key leaders across the IT function and will lead and shape the relationships with key strategic suppliers ensuing alignment between business strategies and sourcing execution.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership - As a key leader of a category of spend, responsible to develop then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
- Procurement Leadership – Support the leadership, strategy and policy for the function building a high performance engagement model with the business and regions.
- Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, supplier diversity and SAP as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery.
- Performance - Drive competitive sourcing events (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs) and support vendor selection, commercial negotiation, and market awareness.
- Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders which are oriented to meeting their business needs.
- Change Management - Adopt high quality change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing an organization which is sustainable. Be a personal exemplar of the Merck Leadership Standards.
- Global - Ensure that the approach adopted is aligned with and supports Merck global procurement strategy and Global Category Management and Ways of Working.
- Diversity - Actively support diversity, both within Merck as well as expanding relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers.
- Supplier Value Management - Implement Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers in this category to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Required: Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years procurement, business management and / or IT specific experience.
- Technical – A strong background / knowledge of software technologies, suppliers and IT procurement subject matter expertise.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Procurement Strategic Planning
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Procurement, Consulting, ERP, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Operations, Technology, Finance, Strategy