Senior Solution Consultant, Informatics Solutions
PerkinElmer’s mission is to innovate for a healthier world, with over 8,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of $2.0 billion. The Informatics Solutions group is a product group within PerkinElmer’s Discovery & Analytical Solutions (DAS) Business Unit. The Informatics Solutions group services the Life Science, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. Solutions include Analytics, Data Connectivity and Unification, Electronic Lab Notebooks, and Data Visualization.
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success. This role will specialize in all aspects of the Spotfire analytics platform. Specific emphasis will focus on: platform architecture, data source connectivity, scalability, high availability, security, and extensibility. Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Business Intelligence/Analytics market. This candidate should also have broad technical knowledge as well as strong business skills in order to apply PerkinElmer’s solutions to solving customer business initiatives and issues. Additional responsibilities include managing the technical aspects of various PerkinElmer technology partnerships including those with TIBCO and Attivio. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
Why should you join us?
- You want to be a part of proven company, with tremendous additional growth potential
- You want to be significantly rewarded for your abilities and contributions
- You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance
- Follow proven best-practices around the current solution-selling sales methodology
- Assist in the development of presentation and demonstration materials
- Execute custom/highly configured software demonstrations in support of active sales cycles
- Manage Proof-of-Concepts (POCs), pilots, workshops, and evaluations
- Collaborate with field team members to develop world-class systems and tools
- Provide RFI/RFP support
- Work with PerkinElmer’s implementation teams to scope out implementations
- Deliver product training to sales & marketing as new functionality becomes available
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify and communicate product enhancements
- Characterize the external market by performing competitive assessments
- At least 10 years of experience supporting enterprise sales teams in a pre-sales role
- Experience supporting sales teams who are selling to both business users and IT
- Substantial knowledge of business intelligence and analytics
- General knowledge of the Life Science, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture or Government markets (desired, not required)
- Ability to present solutions from a business benefit perspective
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Must be legally able to work in the US
- Will work out of their home office or a PerkinElmer office (depending upon location)
- Must be able to travel as the position dictates
- Complete medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral program
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.