This job is currently Archived,
Senior Software Engineer - Battery and Hybrid systems Nuneaton United Kingdom,
HORIBA Mira (company)
Posted on : 30 May 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years experience in developing some of the world s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The new position is to support continued growth of the xEV and BMS Software Simulations and Modelling team.
The primary role within the team is:
- Advanced software simulation and modelling of electric vehicle propulsion systems, including hybrid control and battery management (BMS) strategies.
- Developing complex BMS and xEV control strategies.
- Supporting the generation of system and sub-system (component) requirements.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Demonstrable experience in working to full software V-Cycle.
- Producing documentation to a high standard (e.g. design, analysis, results).
- Working with requirements and contributing to requirements capture at system and software level.
- Appreciation of Functional Safety.
- In depth technical knowledge of at least some elements of electric/hybrid vehicle powertrains.
- Domain knowledge of vehicle propulsion batteries (including modelling of cells and battery management strategies).
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- State of art technology awareness where the market is heading and how this can be fed into the business strategy
- MIL, SIL and HIL validation methods.
- Broad understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems.
- Specific exposure to automotive functional safety (ISO26262).
- Working with configuration management and change management systems.
- Proficiency in C programming.
- Understanding of vehicle control architectures.
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Advanced Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow skills for development of software control strategies and plant models.
- Software modelling of electric vehicle propulsion systems including hybrid powertrain control, ancillary system control and battery management strategies.
- Automotive strategy development through prototype modelling, utilising Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow.
- Developing safety related control systems utilising ISO26262 methodologies.
- Supporting the generation of system and software level requirements.
- Sizing and simulation of xEV drivetrains for proposals.
- Support of other team members during development, integration and test.
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- Relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 2:1 (e.g. Electrical / Electronic engineering, systems engineering, automotive engineering, applied mathematics or similar)
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Higher degree (relevant MSc, Eng. D or Ph.D.)
The candidate should:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to convey technical content to team members with differing technical abilities
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Have well-developed analytical skills rigorous but pragmatic
- Used to working in a team adopts a collaborative and open working ethos and also demonstrates the ability to perform critical reviews
- Be willing to travel and work flexibly: The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 2 or 3 times per year. The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities within the UK.
- Be willing to engage in the security clearance process for UK MoD contracts.
- Have a full UK driving license.
Find a Job Find Candidates