This job is currently Archived,
Senior Software Developer Johnston United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
Our company, a leader in plant biotechnology delivering advanced plant genetics to farmers, is seeking a software developer to meet ongoing trait informatics research software needs. We are developing leading-edge software to support the development of commercial traits for various crops in all Pioneer markets. We are looking for creative individuals with critical thinking skills to develop robust and innovative solutions to complex problems in an evolving research environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently or in teams to develop and deliver software that enables research.
- The candidate will work with the client researchers and the project team to design and develop multi-tier web based software systems to meet these needs in a heterogeneous environment. The candidate will also help to establish and maintain system infrastructure such as application and build servers.
Education & Experience:
- 4 years of software development experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent levels of relevant education and/or experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the demonstrated ability to design and implement robust and effective object-oriented web applications that leverage relational databases.
This position requires:
- Proven skill in, and an in-depth knowledge of, an object oriented language such as C#, Java, C , Python, Ruby, etc.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of at least one large framework (.NET, IOS, MFC, etc.)
- Designing, using, and optimizing complex relational database systems.
- Experience developing rich web applications using C#/.Net, REST/WCF, AngularJS, Bootstrap, WebAPI, etc.
- Experience with git and source control best practices.
Desirable but not required:
- Experience with Scrum or Agile methodologies and principles
- Background or interest in biology, genetics or agriculture and the ability to understand complex scientific problems is a plus.
USA IA Johnston
Find a Job Find Candidates