Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At the Merck Manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Maintenance Senior Shift Engineer position available at the Stonewall Plant; which is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The facility is just a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The Maintenance Senior Shift Engineer position is assigned to the manufacturing processing area and partners with the Maintenance Manager and Production Manger to ensure the processing area(s) are operating at peak efficiency.
The function of the position is to be a champion for the equipment and facilities within the processing area and has the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the Maintenance Manager and employees to improve equipment uptime
- Act as the Technical Observer in real time deviation investigations
- Mentor Maintenance skilled craft persons assigned to the shift
- Maintain and evaluate Metrics to support Process and Maintenance Optimization
- Drive the execution and prioritization of the Maintenance Work
- Provide support the Shift Manager in making Product
- Collaborate with other site groups in troubleshooting issues.
- Analyze equipment and component breakdowns and implement continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability.
- This position requires the successful candidates to work a shift schedule that includes all of the days of the week and all hours of the day.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, chemical, or similar discipline) or related scientific field (chemistry, physics, math) and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments – or - High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Military environments.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment failures and resolving utilizing mechanical tradesmen to execute the work.
- Experience in safely securing mechanical system, tanks and utilities for execution of work and confined space entry.
- Experience working in a team environment and influencing others.
- Experience interfacing with sterile manufacturing equipment and sterile/aseptic techniques
- Experience interfacing with various types of rotating equipment
- Experience interfacing with utility equipment; including chillers, heat exchangers, AHU, WFI generation, clean steam generation and cold storage
- Experience in a regulated industry; such pharmaceuticals, food, and or nuclear
- Experience in an SAP Plant Maintenance management system
- Experience working in a cGMP environment Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
- Reliability engineering, Predictive Maintenance (PdM) experience
- Process Safety Management (PSM), Mechanical
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manufacturing Engineering
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-VA-Elkton
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: the responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Physics, Engineering, Technology, Science