Senior Security Analyst Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a key member of the Information Risk Management and Compliance organization, the Senior Security Analyst will lead the Security Data Analytics capabilities while participating on one or more teams across Threat Management, Vulnerability Management, and Incident Response.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to :
- Utilize various information security solutions, and associated security event data, for the global enterprise, such as, but not limited to web security solutions (web gateway, web application firewall), endpoint security solutions (antivirus, desktop firewall, web content filtering, intrusion prevention), encryption and certificate management solutions (full disk, file/folder, PKI), data leakage protection (DLP), and other solutions used to ensure regulatory and corporate policy compliance.
- Work across these key teams in support of the Company’s Cyber Security Data Analytics area in order to continually mature the capabilities and leverage the analytics environment with the goal of to overall risk reduction to the Company.
- Opportunities and special assignments will be provided to lead services and activities in the organization outside of the Security Analytics area.
- Maintain up-to-date security industry awareness and training, and be able to assist and give input on how emerging threats may potentially impact the organization including those that may be specific to manufacturing systems and other critical systems across the Company.
- Participation in Security Incident Response activities when needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- Professional Cyber Security and Security Analytics training and certificates
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a Security Data Analytics role
- Team leadership.
- Mature verbal and written communication
- Experience with Splunk technology
- Knowledge of more than 1 Cyber Security discipline outside of Security Analytics
- Security Industry Standards such as MITRE, NIST, ICS-CERT
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Compliance & Risk Management
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Compliance & Risk Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Law, Risk Management, Compliance, Information Security, Animal Health, Legal, Finance, Technology, Veterinary