Senior Scientist - Sterile Liquids Commercialization Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Sterile & Liquid Commercialization (SLC) group, based out of West Point PA, is responsible for product development, process scale-up, registration support, and launch support for new Merck Sterile products. This group is responsible for the formulation/filling processes for sterile small molecule pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and therapeutic proteins starting at Phase II and extending through the first few years of launch optimization.
Reporting to a Director in SLC, responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform product and process development studies for sterile/liquid products.
- Participate on and lead project teams and working groups.
- Develop robust and scaleable manufacturing processes while minimizing time to product launch.
- Implement process improvements to reduce product cost structure.
- Prepare materials for clinical trials and stability studies by collaborating with internal and external network of pilot plants and manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in transfer of processes to commercial supply sites
- Support execution of validation lots and contribute to regulatory filing documentation.
- Evaluate new technologies related to pharmaceutical processing.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or related-field with a minimum of 6 years of experience; or Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience; or Ph.D. with less than 1 year of experience.
- Prior experience with the development and commercialization of sterile or biological products is strongly preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Process Engineering
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Scientific, Medical Technologist, Law, Engineer, Scientist, Engineering, Healthcare, Legal, Science