This job is currently Archived,
Senior Scientist Protein Sciences - France
Posted on : 22 June 2017
- We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic senior scientist to join the Protein Sciences team of our company.
- The successful candidate will join a team that is responsible for the production, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins that are used in company’s drug discovery programs. Among others, purified protein batches find applications in in vitro pharmacology and compound screening, biophysics (crystallography, NMR, SPR...), and antibody identification. Within the team, a broad expertise and diverse set of technologies are present in the fields of molecular biology, cell biology, protein purification and protein characterization.
- As successful candidate, you will contribute to the production and purification process of research-grade proteins at mg scale levels.
- Different production systems (bacteria, insect or mammalian cells) and various chromatographic techniques (affinity, ion exchangers, size exclusion…) will be used.
- You will also play a major role in biophysics applications and structural biology: you will act as our internal expert in collaboration with external partners for the genesis and validation of protein structures, as well as for the valorization of these protein structures by interacting with our internal chemistry and modelling teams. Your analyses of existing structures or models will also help the molecular biology team to design of new constructs.
- You have a PhD degree with a strong experience (practical and theoretical) in protein purification (small/ medium scale).
- Skilled in protein structural biology, with a good knowledge of the dedicated software packages and the process to deposit protein structures at the PDB.
- You have an accurate view on the quality of newly solved structures
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with protein production is an asset
- You work precisely and maintain accurate records of your work
- You have good organization and communication skills (in French and English, oral and written)
- You are flexible, autonomous, with sense for initiative- You are a good team player.