Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist (SPR) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company aspires to be the patient-centric global biopharmaceutical leader transforming the lives of people living with severe diseases.
- We focus on central nervous system and immunology disorders and our goal is to help tackle the serious unmet medical needs affecting patients around the globe.
- Our philosophy is to take a holistic approach and develop both innovative medicines and ground-breaking treatment solutions that go beyond the drug and are tailored to our patients’ individual needs.
- Our discovery research to clinical proof-of-concept arm of our organization, our company New Medicines, has the responsibility for developing our rich pipeline of differentiated molecules and is committed to being a leader in cutting-edge scientific research that is driven by the needs of patients.
- Our world class research centers are home to a wealth of skills and experience and our proprietary technology platforms enable the discovery and development of novel therapeutic entities.
- We have well established and highly effective networks with the leading academic establishments and industrial partners which enable us to access novel technologies, targets and collaborative research.
- The Primary Pharmacology Group (PPG)is looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Senior or Principal Scientist with expertise in SPR (surface plasmon resonance). Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of drug discovery in the biopharmaceutical industry or in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of other biochemical and biophysical assay technologies is desirable but not essential.
- As an SPR scientist within PPG, you will be responsible for the design, development and prosecution of assays to identify therapeutic molecules and characterize the kinetics and binding properties of both small molecule and antibody candidates.
- The candidate will have an understanding of how binding kinetics informs on translation through the drug discovery process and, ultimately, to the effective identification of transformational drugs to treat human disease, and bring benefit to patients.
- The candidate should have a proven track record for delivering high quality results, as demonstrated through a good publication history, supported by evidence of individual contributions to projects and strong interpersonal skills.
- The scientist will be expected to represent PPG at project meetings and provide insights for projects based on their understanding of the binding mechanism and kinetics.
- The candidate will be involved in managing interactions with commercial and academic groups to extend PPG’s reach into new technologies and capabilities.
- PPG expects its scientists to attend and present at external scientific meetings and to publish their work in the peer reviewed literature.
- This role offers opportunities for significant scientific leadership from the laboratory.
- Design, development and prosecution of high quality SPR assays.
- Proactive communication and partnership with other groups within and outside own functional area to gain credibility and impact in science, technology and project progression.
- Keep abreast of and implement technology developments within the area of biophysical techniques for understanding the molecular interactions and kinetics of potential therapeutics.
- Maintain and develop external networks and connectivity with academic, clinical and biopharmaceutical communities.
- BSc (or equivalent), plus several years’ experience in relevant setting
- Only candidates able to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Scientific, Immunology, Medical, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Healthcare