This job is currently Archived,
Senior Scientist, Pharmacology - United States
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology will provide scientific support to the discovery organization by providing knowledge and experience in in vivo proof of principle support and biomarker selection for small molecule target validation, specifically in the immunology/inflammation disease area.
- The pharmacologist will work with the Sr. Director of Preclinical Sciences to provide guidance and expertise to discovery teams, and will assure a quality product delivery for team decision making.
- The pharmacologist will also be required to identify outsourcing facilities (CROs) to facilitate in vivo pharmacology that is an area of that CRO’s expertise.
- The pharmacologist will need to communicate timing, budget and monitor the study conduct, as appropriate.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and conduct in vivo studies in rodents to establish PK/PD relationships, and in vivo proof of concept for target validation in an immunology/inflammation-focused discovery environment.
- Identify CROs or other collaborations that could enable models or apply expertise that is not available in-house.
- Collaborate, monitor and report CRO based studies to discovery project teams.
- Directly enable the conduct of in vivo studies, as well as the ability to supervise/mentor other scientists/associates in the pharmacology group.
- Data collection in electronic notebook or in hardcopy laboratory notebooks is critical
- Serve as a Principal Investigator on IACUC protocols.
- Able to draft protocols and present clearly to IACUC committee.
- Participates in discovery teams to provide expertise and knowledge from the pharmacology discipline.
- Helps identify relevant models and works within team to establish work plan for in vivo PK/PD and pharmacology support.
- Communicate effectively within group to establish clear priorities and seek alignment on a work plan that meets discovery team needs
- Collaborate with pharmacology group at other company sites to assure that best practices are used to evaluate targets in discovery from an in vivo perspective.
- PhD in Pharmacology, Animal Science, or a related biological discipline with 6 years or more relevant pharmaceutical R&D experience.
- Previous experience with rodent model development to interrogate mechanism of action in a variety of inflammation/immunology disease areas, as well as design and execution of preclinical pharmacology studies, is required.
- Knowledge of incorporation of relevant biomarkers in preclinical proof of concept studies is required.
- Previous experience managing internal and externally conducted studies and monitoring study conduct and reporting is highly desired.
- Solid understand of immunology discovery research, focused primarily on in vivo and ex vivo evaluations of small molecules targeted to immune/inflammatory disease targets.
- Ability to provide expertise and guidance to discovery project teams with regard to animal models of disease and relevant PK/PD and bio marker assessments. Knowledge of the literature and current science in pharmacology assessments
- Ability to generate high quality data in a dynamic high paced environment
- Knowledge of outsourcing CROs and monitoring of studies at outsourced sites
- Experience in in vivo study conduct; animal handling, husbandry, dosing by multiple routes, observation recording, blood, tissue collection and limited necropsy.
- Knowledge of immunology/inflammation, oncology, immune-oncology desired
- Knowledge of in vitro assessment of pharmacologic activity our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.