Senior Scientist, Molecular Pathology Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Utilizing the technologies of Flow Cytometry, Molecular Pathology, Immunochemistry, Mass Spectroscopy and Genomics, the Translational Molecular Biomarkers (TMB) group is responsible for clinical biomarkers in all therapeutic areas and in all phases of clinical development at Merck Research Laboratories. Candidate should have a strong interest in Translational Sciences.
The individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and validate tissue-based (Immunohistochemistry) assays within TMB for all phases of clinical development and therapeutic areas, with emphasis in immuno-oncology.
- Assist in the transition of biomarker assays from Basic Research to Clinical by providing technical guidance on fit-for-purpose assay validation.
- Interface with scientists and physicians in early and late stage clinical development to execute on biomarker strategies in clinical trials.
- Writing memos, final reports and publications summarizing data, and writing/updating lab SOPs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in tissue-based assay development and validation, collaborating with project teams, biomarker leaders, clinical operations and regulatory affairs on the implementation of these assays in clinical trials.
- MS or PhD in a life sciences discipline (Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Pathology, Cell Biology, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years (for MS) or minimum 1year (for PhD) years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in tissue-based (Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence) assay development
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently; strong leadership skills
- Ability to execute within a matrixed organization
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and translational medicine
- Hands-on experience in clinical development or managing the implementation of biomarker assays in support of drug development
- Experience with Regulated Clinical bioanalysis
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Research Science Generic
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Research Science
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Pathology, Scientific, Biochemistry, Immunology, Oncology, Healthcare, Science, Engineering