Senior Scientist - Merck Animal Health Job Omaha United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Conduct research in performing basic and applied research towards the development of vaccines and therapeutic for the animals.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and advice to research staff and management in areas of scientific research, setting standards, timeframes and priorities
- Conduct and execute laboratory and animals vaccine proof of concept and development studies.
- Responsibilities focus on resource management and technical troubleshooting
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to work on multiple projects while staying on top of them and completing projects with acceptable timelines and quality
- Manages development of complex project plans and timelines. Be accountable for the timely preparation of progress reports according to agreed plans, milestones and company guidelines for areas under direct responsibility
- Writes and reviews protocols and reports for vaccine development studies. Prepares progress reports for upper management
- Works on departmental and interdepartmental teams (Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Animal Care, Sales/Marketing, and Technical Services) to develop strategies and oversee project execution
- Assist with legal activities including patent filings/assessments, outside research contracts, material transfer agreements, secrecy agreements, and licensed technology
- Capture innovative knowledge. Performs self-directed literature searches and reads scientific literature.
- Prepares manuscripts for publication and presentations for scientific or marketing meetings
- Seek and stay abreast of external advances and technologies that can enhance the species product development or portfolio
- Source and manage the R&D relationships and deliverables of 3rd party/external contractors needed to leverage talent, space, time, resources and results.
- Key interface with Discovery and Technology in the planning and delivery of products and new technologies transferring from D&T to R&D
- Understanding and knowledge of industry practices, familiarity with competitors to contribute on design of competitive species research program
- Master's degree in related field with a minimum 5 years of working experience in immunology, biology, microbiology, virology, or related field
- Doctorate in immunology, biology, microbiology, virology, or related field (Ph.D.)
- Strong scientific skills in immunology, especially in cellular immunology along with molecular biology experience
- Experience in working with animal health industry
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for vaccine registration.
- Proven problem solving and listening skills along with sound judgment and business integrity
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Biology-Discovery
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: General lab chemicals
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Chemistry, Medical, Scientific, Immunology, Microbiology, Science, Engineering, Healthcare
Find a Job Find Candidates