This job is currently Archived,
Senior Scientist - Switzerland
Debio Pharm (company)
Posted on : 30 June 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management.
- Our company is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs.
- The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates.
- The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
Your main responsibilities
- Provide scientific and technical expertise regarding the preclinical safety profile of compounds in development
- Manage outsourcing activities (budgets, timelines, monitoring, study plans, results and reports)
- Contribute to the selection of the best drug candidates for early / medicinal chemistry projects
- Act as a toxicology representative in projects teams
- Report to project teams and senior management
- Prepare scientific and technical dossiers for regulatory purposes
- University degree in Life Sciences (pharmacist, biologist, medicine, veterinarian)
- Master or PhD thesis in pharmacology or toxicology preferred
- 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry; a good knowledge of the drug development process would be an asset
- Prior experience in conducting animals studies
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications
- Scientific interest, curiosity and motivation, scientific rigor, organizational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and French
We can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.