Senior Scientist in Spray/Freeze Drying - Denmark
- In this job, 371 million people worldwide depend on you to develop the world’s best drugs.
- If you find challenges like this exciting and inspiring, you may be our new Spray and/or Freeze drying expert.
- The position is available now and applications will be evaluated continuously.
About the department
- The job is in the department of Process Engineering within Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC), R&D.
- In the department you will have 20 highly skilled and motivated colleagues with a focus on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) downstream development and mathematical modelling.
- Our main responsibility is to develop processes for the manufacture of new active pharmaceutical proteins and peptides used for toxicological and clinical trials.
- We do so in close collaboration with the research and manufacturing units, pilot facilities and Contract Manufacture Organisations (CMOs).
- You will be part of multidisciplinary project team and provide expertise within spray/freeze drying process development.
- You will plan, evaluate and report experimental work in the laboratory, carried out by experienced laboratory technicians and yourself, both independently and in close collaboration with other colleagues. We use both in-house and CMO pilot facilities for development and manufacture, both in Denmark and abroad.
- Systematic evaluation of process data obtained from laboratory and pilot facilities is a natural part of the job.
- The progress of the work will be presented and discussed in the project.
- Technical transfer and process support to in-house and CMO pilot facilities are an integrated part of the job.
- In addition, you are expected to be involved in technical design of future facilities and processes.
- You hold an MSc or PhD in protein chemistry, biochemistry, biochemical engineering or related discipline and you have practical experience from industry.
- You are well experienced in spray and/or freeze drying process development, scale-up and optimization from laboratory scale to pilot and production scale.
- Additional experience within QbD, process modelling, continuous processing, GMP, handling CMOs and project management are considered an advantage.
- We expect you to have excellent communication and cooperation skills, an innovative mind set, being able to convert theory into practical solutions, and the ability to be both a team player and independently drive complicated development projects forward.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary and talented people as well as to benefit from a wide range of possibilities for professional and personal development.