Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Scientist to join our Immuno-Oncology team at Merck’s Boston Site. The successful candidate will be responsible for validating novel Immuno-oncology targets and contributing to small and large molecule drug discovery programs. Responsibilities include the development and execution of experimental strategies to define biomarkers, mechanism of action and mechanism of resistance of Immuno-oncology therapeutic agents. S/he will perform in vitro experiments to determine the functional effect of candidate target activation/inhibition by using a variety of assays to interrogate immune end-points. Candidate is expected to keep abreast of published scientific literature and present his/her data at internal group meetings.
- The ideal candidate will have a BS/MS degree in the biological sciences, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of oncology and/or Immuno-oncology or Immunology.
- Candidate must have expertise with multi-parameter flow cytometry, developing in vitro and in vivo assays to investigate immune function and possess a deep knowledge of technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints.
- Candidate should have experience in primary immune cell isolation and stimulation, proliferation and apoptosis assays, immunoassay techniques/platforms (e.g. Western, ELISA, Mesoscale), as well as RT-PCR.
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel) as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Graphpad Prism.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery particularly using therapeutic antibodies or small molecules is desired but not essential.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Biology-Discovery
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Oncology, Scientific, Scientist, Immunology, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Engineering, Science