Senior Scientist-GPORWE Diabetes - United States
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world
- The Global Patient Outcomes & Real World Evidence (GPORWE) team provides real world scientific expertise to deliver better patient outcomes that are valued by patients, payers and providers.
- Projects focus on diabetes treatments that our company is developing and span the entire life-cycle of development and commercialization.
- Additional projects may focus on key healthcare policy issues that impact patient outcomes.
- Our team develops and ensures that appropriate health outcomes research strategies are in place to support Pricing, Reimbursement and Access activities for our company diabetes products, and we work together to effectively communicates health outcomes findings and concepts to our internal and external business partners and the broader scientific community.
- You will work within an amazing team culture and with teammates from incredibly diverse backgrounds and fields of expertise.
- In addition, you will focus on making life better for people with diabetes and optimizing patient outcomes while working on a truly innovative and expanding diabetes portfolio.
- Specific areas of focus are as follows:
- Environmental awareness: Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact diabetes health outcomes
- Strategy: Formulate diabetes health outcomes strategies for multiple projects and geographies
- Research: Including but not limited to cutting edge RWE analyses, economic models, clinical trials, PRO instrument development, observational/epidemiologic research, and diabetes health technology outcome assessments
- Communication: Effectively communicate the impact of diabetes health outcomes information to business partners, the scientific community, and customers
- Leadership: Link technical expertise with business knowledge to drive, influence, and impact diabetes cross-functional initiatives
An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g., economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, medicine, pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences) with significant previous training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of health economics, health outcomes, disease management, and/or population health 5 or more years of health outcomes research experienceStrong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment
- The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation
- The ability to travel domestically and to international locations.
- Knowledge and experience of health care systems in the U.S. and/or Asia Diabetes clinical and/or research experience
- Understanding of and experience with clinical settings and clinical research
- Technical and analytic capabilities in the areas of economic modeling, economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, epidemiology, statistics, health care policy etc. The ability to influence individuals and teams
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.