This job is currently Archived,
Senior Scientist for Global Research - Denmark
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 28 March 2017
- Worldwide, millions of people are suffering from Type 2 diabetes and related co-morbidities.
- If you have a passion for research and if you want to have an influence on how to ensure the optimal treatment for these patients, you may be the candidate we are looking for.
- We need a dedicated senior scientist to be part of our GLP-1 Biology department
- Global Research of our company specializes in the discovery of biological medicines for the treatment of diabetes.
- Furthermore, we conduct stem cell and beta cell regeneration research and other early-stage investigations aimed at finding a cure for diabetes, as well as exploring novel treatments for obesity and complications related to diabetes.
About the department
- We are a dynamic team consisting of 7 academics, 10 technicians and 2 students engaged in all stages of GLP-1 and incretin research from generation of new project proposals to scientific support of development projects.
- Based on strong disease understanding, we deliver high quality in vitro pharmacology data and mechanism of action studies and generate ideas for new and improved treatments of diabetes and obesity.
- The responsibility of the department is to be the leading experts within diabetes, obesity, and incretin biology and you will be expected to hold such high standards.
- Your tasks will include support of our research projects with in vitro pharmacological expertise and strong disease knowledge as well as contributions to new project generation that aim at improving the treatment of diabetes, obesity and co-morbidities.
- You will represent the department in cross-functional project teams where you will be responsible for delivering in vitro data for lead optimization and lead candidate selection, preclinical mechanism of action hypotheses, and in vitro/ex vivo data to support in vitro to in vivo translation and PK/PD understanding.
- In addition, you will work closely with the other scientists in the department to share knowledge and ideas, and you will be responsible for supervising one or more technicians.
- You hold a degree in Biology, Human Biology, Pharmacy, Medicine or related area and have solid experience with in vitro pharmacology on both recombinant and primary cells.
- You have a good disease understanding related to diabetes and its co-morbidities, an expertise in setting up in vitro assay systems, and a broad background in cell biology, molecular and receptor pharmacology.
- Particular insight in incretin / GLP-1 biology and a broad scientific network will be a benefit.
- You have completed your PhD and have 3+ years of working experience with a proven publication record.
- Experience from the pharmaceutical industry and the drug discovery process is an advantage.
- As a person you are proactive and engaged with a can do attitude.
- You are energetic, flexible, result-oriented, and enjoy working in teams to share knowledge and optimize progress.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.