This job is currently Archived,
Senior Scientist Fibrosis in vitro pharmacology Mechelen Belgium,
Posted on : 31 May 2017
- In support of our fibrosis drug discovery projects, this position completes the team that develops and runs routine cellular and phenotypic assays.
- The Senior Scientist provides scientific input on fibrosis-related assay development in combination with practical lab work.
- Identifying and reviewing scientific literature related to fibrosis.
- Developing and executing assays that will serve both efficacy/potency-studies as well as mode of action studies to support the therapeutic area of fibrosis.
- Defining short-term and longer term next steps based on the compilation and critical review of all gathered data.
- Presenting data and insights to the full discovery project team
- Execution of wet lab activities including state-of-the-art in vitro biochemical and cellular pharmacology techniques
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the team to support their technical and scientific development
The ideal candidate has:
- A PhD in biological sciences (or equivalent by experience)
- More than four years of experience in designing and executing in vitro pharmacology assays for drug discovery.
- Academic or industrial experience in fibrosis research (lung fibrosis/IPF, liver fibrosis/NASH, sclerosis/scleroderma) and a good understanding of the general processes involved in this disease.
- Proven capabilities in conducting independent research and in vitro assay development with sense for quality and accuracy
- Experience with human primary cell culture and manipulation of these cells with standard molecular biology techniques.
- Expertise in more than one of the following technologies homogeneous ELISA, HTRF/FRET/BRET assays, high content assays and/or assay automation
- A critical mindset and a swift understanding of scientific needs within the broader project.
- Excellent communication skills in English, in writing and in presenting to the team, project leaders, cross-functional stakeholders within the company and external partners. The ideal candidate can compile and comprehensively present large data sets into comprehensive reports for people of the same as well as non-related disciplines.
- The ability to work under ambitious timelines in the context of multidisciplinary team work.
Find a Job Find Candidates